Shark fin
Cooling fan
ReKluse clutch
HID head light
KTM Mapping switch
Lowered soft seat
Fork bleeders

What else :thinking:

Too high? Get over it, all bikes are too high for most people. That's just the way it is. Not that it matters, but the height of the KTM500 is one reason that I didn't get one last year.

Handguards and a bash plate are pretty much required. Get those first. If you want to ride the tech trails change the gearing now. My Beta came 15/45 and it was almost impossible to ride the tough stuff. I was able to go 13/48 with my stock chain and that was good for me. With a little wear I was able to go to 14/48 for the desert.

I doubt the smog equipment is much of a negative, but it has been known to fall off. Now do some free suspension setup and ride. Figure out what other stuff you need from actually riding. Your priorities may be different than others.

For example I've seen several posts about getting a pipe. Twenty years ago it was a great suggestion. Today, not nearly as much. Most stock pipes are pretty good and there is not all that much to be gained. There is also the noise law. If the pipe has not been certified to meet noise levels you could get a ticket on the street. It's very unlikely to actually happen though.

Radiator guards so when you fall over you don't bend and break them.

Check out SRT Off Road Products and Bullett Proof Designs.

Ditto! 1st thing my kid like to do with a brand new bike is shovel a berm with the rad shroud! For some reason he has it stuck in his head that new bikes dont blow out berms and they can fly..:noidea:

Step right up to the cool aid drinker cup! Nice bike, my buddy just picked up the 350 and took it to OW. remap, re-gear, and the smog stuff fell off. Runs great. 10,500 OTD. Pretty fair price. Did the DBA Dick help get you a deal?

Step right up to the cool aid drinker cup! Nice bike, my buddy just picked up the 350 and took it to OW. remap, re-gear, and the smog stuff fell off. Runs great. 10,500 OTD. Pretty fair price. Did the DBA Dick help get you a deal?

Which Dick are you referring to?