250F 2011 KX250F Stimulating.

James

Staff member
Same here, I don't want to strip it down anytime soon like I did the first time though :lol:
:lol: Me neither, you remember my overhaul thread? :bonk: That took way to long, but the way she turned out I'm sure CDA would almost aprove of how shiny she became. :smirk:

I still have to do my mid summer check up (yeah yeah I know it's almost fall, sue me:P), basically go through the engine and make sure everything is in spec. I'm really hoping that the valves haven't moved because I just had the head done this spring. The linkage needs to be greased again and I think I need new needles for it, because the last time I greased them they were a little rusty. :shocked:

:focus: I thought this was a thread about the 2011 Kawasaki KX250F :noidea:

:smirk:

KX250YBF_40002_A_OLRGB.jpg

:lol: Me neither, you remember my overhaul thread? :bonk: That took way to long, but the way she turned out I'm sure CDA would almost aprove of how shiny she became. :smirk:

I still have to do my mid summer check up (yeah yeah I know it's almost fall, sue me:P), basically go through the engine and make sure everything is in spec. I'm really hoping that the valves haven't moved because I just had the head done this spring. The linkage needs to be greased again and I think I need new needles for it, because the last time I greased them they were a little rusty. :shocked:

Yeah I remember that how long did it take you? Yeah same here, once I get all the parts for my suspension, I'll drive it up to the guy and work on the bike while he has them.

:prof: Hey we're at least talking about KX250F's. :moon:
:P

:lol: No kidding, go back to KTM, rack :moon: :smirk:

James

Staff member
Yeah I remember that how long did it take you? Yeah same here, once I get all the parts for my suspension, I'll drive it up to the guy and work on the bike while he has them.
I don't remember, I was working on it for a couple months, not everyday of course.

Are you taking it to Racetech or whatever that place was called? What all are you getting done to it and the bike?

I don't remember, I was working on it for a couple months, not everyday of course.

Are you taking it to Racetech or whatever that place was called? What all are you getting done to it and the bike?

Same here, I always had to wait for money for parts :lol: And no I am buying my parts from Racetech, then giving it all to this local guy and he's supposed to be doing if for free.

Have you not heard of Ractech?

rust isnt bad, as long as the needles didn't pit, if they started to pit... it gets really nasty

James

Staff member
rust isnt bad, as long as the needles didn't pit, if they started to pit... it gets really nasty
Rust IS bad, as it means your linkage has NO grease and it's rubbing against its self. Which in turn means that your suspension isn't working at 100%, not good. :thumbsdown:

James

Staff member
You should never question Coach :prof:
:rolleyes: Yes dad :moon:

Damn I really wanted to tear into my linkage/suspension this weekend but just remembered I have a previous commitment on Saturday and on Sunday we're going to Logroad again. :ride:

I'd better stop procrastinating and get this crap done, because I'll be able to ride again before I know it. :banana: