2 Stroke 2011 KTM 300 Build Thread

A lever (pron.: /ˈlɛvər/ or UK /ˈlvər/) is a machine consisting of a beam or rigid rod pivoted at a fixed hinge, or fulcrum. It is one of the six simple machines identified by Renaissance scientists. The word comes from the French lever, "to raise", cf. a levant. A lever amplifies an input force to provide a greater output force, which is said to provide leverage. The ratio of the output force to the input force is the ideal mechanical advantage of the lever.

Wickerpedia.... DOTT COMMM

Well Honey Boo Boo, just what would you call a "brake lever" :noidea:
I call it a pedal if I use my foot, so does that make me a redneck from okiemaskoie:smirk:

Like the time I called forks shocks, the may operate in same fashion but do you call them forks or shocks?

I call it a pedal if I use my foot, so does that make me a redneck from okiemaskoie:smirk:

Like the time I called forks shocks, the may operate in same fashion but do you call them forks or shocks?
I call it a rear brake pedal and I call my Forks/Shocks, Pogo Sticks. :prof:

A lever (pron.: /ˈlɛvər/ or UK /ˈlvər/) is a machine consisting of a beam or rigid rod pivoted at a fixed hinge, or fulcrum. It is one of the six simple machines identified by Renaissance scientists. The word comes from the Frenchlever, "to raise", cf. a levant. A lever amplifies an input force to provide a greater output force, which is said to provide leverage. The ratio of the output force to the input force is the ideal mechanical advantage of the lever.

Wickerpedia.... DOTT COMMM
Oh and Burger King

The word pedal comes from the Latin (pes, Pedis) and relates to the foot.
A pedal is a lever activated by one's foot. The term "foot pedal" is redundant, and should be avoided.

Now :focus: and lets quit shitten on Brocks thread :prof:

So some new parts showed up today for the KTM 300. This is the third pipe we have installed on this motorcycle. My father-in-law is crazy. He wanted to try the cone pipe made by Scalvini. This is a sweet piece of equipment and the craftsmanship is unlike anything I have seen. This pipe sits higher against the motor so it doesn't hang down below the frame rails. This should protect it from rock dings and other dents.
Scalvini.JPG

Scalvini1.JPG

He also wanted the Scalvini silencer to go with the pipe so here it is. I talked him out of the full Carbon Silencer because they don't hold up well in the desert.

Scalvini2.JPG

Here is the pipe all mounted up. Looks pretty good, they said it should mount higher up than the stock pipe or the FMF but I don't see that. I took pictures of the FMF mount and it looks like it might sit lower than the other pipe. Either way this pipe is stronger than the FMF pipe or any other pipe because it is welded sections of cones and not a single sheets welded together. This pipe looks super cool and the silencer looks super cool as well. It is also shorter than the Leo Vince that was on it. I weighed both pipes and the FMF Factory Fatty weighed in at 4.85 pounds. The Scalvini pipe came in just a hair lighter at 4.40 Pounds. The Leo Vince Silencer weighs 3.55 pounds with the mounting brackets, and the Scalvini Silencer came in at 2.90 Pounds with the mounting brackets.

KTMpipe2.JPG

KTMpipe3.JPG

KTMPipe.JPG

KTMPipe1.JPG

Here is the pipe all mounted up. Looks pretty good, they said it should mount higher up than the stock pipe or the FMF but I don't see that. I took pictures of the FMF mount and it looks like it might sit lower than the other pipe. Either way this pipe is stronger than the FMF pipe or any other pipe because it is welded sections of cones and not a single sheets welded together. This pipe looks super cool and the silencer looks super cool as well. It is also shorter than the Leo Vince that was on it. I weighed both pipes and the FMF Factory Fatty weighed in at 4.85 pounds. The Scalvini pipe came in just a hair lighter at 4.40 Pounds. The Leo Vince Silencer weighs 3.55 pounds with the mounting brackets, and the Scalvini Silencer came in at 2.90 Pounds with the mounting brackets.

View attachment 11983

View attachment 11984

View attachment 11981

View attachment 11982
Dumb question but are you supposed to paint that pipe or what?

Would you be interested in selling the FMF Factory Fatty? What was the power delivery like with the FMF? I dont want to lose anything with my 2013 300 XC...My first 300 and its amazing....P.S. The bike looks great.....Im with ya on the Orange hubs with black wheels...They looks sick....You uys ever think about getting the frame powder coated orange? I guess the powder coat color most guys are using is either RAL2004 or RAL2009...Im think bout doing a tear down to do it...Let me know on the pipe! thanks....

Would you be interested in selling the FMF Factory Fatty? What was the power delivery like with the FMF? I dont want to lose anything with my 2013 300 XC...My first 300 and its amazing....P.S. The bike looks great.....Im with ya on the Orange hubs with black wheels...They looks sick....You uys ever think about getting the frame powder coated orange? I guess the powder coat color most guys are using is either RAL2004 or RAL2009...Im think bout doing a tear down to do it...Let me know on the pipe! thanks....

The FMF fatty is already gone I can get you another if you would like. I can get you one cheaper than anybody else. Not trying to up-sale you or anything but both my father in law and another friend said the scalvini ran better than the FMF and the Pro Circuit! The Scalvini pipe and silencer is only about 100 bucks more than a FMF or Pro Circuit combo.

No orange powder coat for this KTM. Not a huge fan of it.