2 Stroke 2011 KTM 300 Build Thread

I normally don't like bikes without graphics.

But that things HAWT!

And now with graphics it's nice too:smirk:

Hope he enjoys it:thumb: That things gotta be a rocket

So my father in law was not impressed with the GPR stabilizer that came on the bike when he got it. He asked me to order him the Scotts damper. I ordered him one and got him the rubber mounted one. Here is the final result. This top mount is pretty trick. Both handlebar mounts have two isolation bushings on each one. We are going to take it out this weekend and test it out.​
DSC_0444.JPG
DSC_0445.JPG

DSC_0443.JPG

hey brock,what a sweet ride your building! I'm intrigued by the brp insulator bar/dampner mount set-up. How do you like it? Does it eliminate the vibes? adam

hey brock,what a sweet ride your building! I'm intrigued by the brp insulator bar/dampner mount set-up. How do you like it? Does it eliminate the vibes? adam

I really like the BRP setup. I feel it does reduce the vibration even though I feel that the 300 doesn't vibrate much at all anyways. Also I think it soaks up some of the really harsh stuff like rock edges when you hit them at high speed. I doesn't seem to jar your wrist and shoulders has much as a bike with the solid mounts.

We really didn't know what to think about the insulated setup as we were just trying to get a Scotts damper on the bike because we didn't care for the GPR setup.

-Brock
powersportjunkie.com
shoppsj.com

As you can see in pictures posted above the Stock KTM throttle cable is a little tight going around the steering damper. So we decided to go with a T3 slidelight cable from Motion Pro. This cable is 5 inches longer so you can route the Throttle cable in front of the bars like the Jap bikes. This Cable has a Teflon Sleeve so it has a super smooth pull.

KTMCable.JPG

You can check them out here. http://www.powersportjunkie.com/Motion-Pro-36800-p/tr-063000.htm

Here is what it looks like when it is installed. Check out the sweet billet adjuster that comes stock on the new cable.

KTMHandlebars.JPG

As you can see in pictures posted above the Stock KTM throttle cable is a little tight going around the steering damper. So we decided to go with a T3 slidelight cable from Motion Pro. This cable is 5 inches longer so you can route the Throttle cable in front of the bars like the Jap bikes. This Cable has a Teflon Sleeve so it has a super smooth pull.

View attachment 11522

You can check them out here. http://www.powersportjunkie.com/Motion-Pro-36800-p/tr-063000.htm

Here is what it looks like when it is installed. Check out the sweet billet adjuster that comes stock on the new cable.

View attachment 11523
That is a sweet setup. Just added your site to my bookmarks Brock. :thumb: