250F 2007 CRF 250R.. 129hrs on all OEM components.

When I replace my valves I send the head out to get the valve seats cut to match the new valves. If you don't your new set of valves will wear much faster.

That is exactly what we did.
:thinking: I don't know any respectable machine shop that would cut them with out new valves present, that would be :crazy:

Thanks for reminding me why I love my 2 strokes! :shocked:

That's ok to own 2 strokes. I have a weed eater and chain saw too! They are cheap to maintain and weak to add :lol:
That is why they are going to 4T also.

That price umm dude That included Yoshi exhaust, JD jet kit, tokyo mods hose kit, fork seals, tools, fluids and clutch and more. The actual parts was $831. At 129 hrs. I never seen anyone or heard of anyone else making it that far to date.

2T fans kill me. That's 43 year technology you bought at 2010 prices. Sounds all to much like a ugly junk HD.

Just saying :P

James

Staff member
OK guys it took me longer than I wanted. If you look at the beginning pic with the cam chain guides in, you'll notice something isn't right. However, I didn't catch it until is was time to put on the valve cover...HINT HINT.

No trash talking here
DSC00042-1.jpg
This should clear those water spots right up.
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/store/Fender-Arch.html

:P
DSC00026-1.jpg

Does anyone see the problem!!!????
:lol: Did you do what I did the first time and forget to put the cam chain guide in its slot? :bonk: I had everything torqued down a was ready to put the cover on when....uuugggh damnmit. :foul: :smirk:
That price umm dude That included Yoshi exhaust, JD jet kit, tokyo mods hose kit, fork seals, tools, fluids and clutch and more. The actual parts was $831. At 129 hrs. I never seen anyone or heard of anyone else making it that far to date.
:thumb: Just looked up what I spent on my last rebuild.

$229.95 - +4mm Big Bore Piston (cp mx3007c) Project X
$40 - Gasket kit
$400 - Faction MX Stainless Steel Valves & heavy duty springs, seats cut, head machine cleaned, valve clearances set. (I sent the old head off and it came back all shiny and ready to bolt on) :ride:
$30 - Cam chain
Total - $699.95

Edit: BTW awesome thread and pictures. :thumb:

That's ok to own 2 strokes. I have a weed eater and chain saw too! They are cheap to maintain and weak to add :lol:
That is why they are going to 4T also.

2T fans kill me. That's 43 year technology you bought at 2010 prices. Sounds all to much like a ugly junk HD.

Just saying :P

Oh man your right, I dont know what I have been thinking riding 43 year old technology, maybe I could be as fast as you if I rode a 4 stroke? Thats it I am selling my bike tomorrow.

Just imagine how fast this guy would be if he rode a 4 stroke, do you think he realized he was riding a 43 year old turd?!?! :rolleyes:

:blah::blah:
Oh man your right, I dont know what I have been thinking riding 43 year old technology, maybe I could be as fast as you if I rode a 4 stroke? Thats it I am selling my bike tomorrow. :cry: about why don't you!

Just imagine how fast this guy would be if he rode a 4 stroke, do you think he realized he was riding a 43 year old turd?!?! :rolleyes:
:blah::blah::blah:

Dude thank you I almost forgot to get premix for my weed eater today.

Yeah he is good. But that's not you now is it. :smirk: It still is what it is. Anyone who doesn't like to grasp change of this magnitude is well just stubborn. Arguing 2T vs 4T, Sounds like a redneck who believes that his 350 in his '84 Camero will dominate any new EFI car. Point is, one just refuses to understand technology advanced for beyond their understanding. I thank you for pointing out a video that I have already seen. Thank you again for trolling a useful thread for others who own 4T's and wanted to see this.

I don't know if your mamma ever told you this but I will. If you don't have something nice (positive) to say keep your mouth shut!

This should clear those water spots right up. https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/store/Fender-Arch.html
:P
Nice plug!!!

:lol: Did you do what I did the first time and forget to put the cam chain guide in its slot? :bonk: I had everything torqued down a was ready to put the cover on when....uuugggh damnmit. :foul: :smirk:
No it was installed completely upside down. Yep everything was torqued and ready to go...:naughty: sort of.

:thumb: Just looked up what I spent on my last rebuild.

$229.95 - +4mm Big Bore Piston (cp mx3007c) Project X
$40 - Gasket kit
$400 - Faction MX Stainless Steel Valves & heavy duty springs, seats cut, head machine cleaned, valve clearances set. (I sent the old head off and it came back all shiny and ready to bolt on) :ride:
$30 - Cam chain
Total - $699.95

Edit: BTW awesome thread and pictures. :thumb:

:thumb: Nice, I still don't understand why some think it will cost an arm and a leg to rebuild a 4T. I went back with all OEM stuff on the internals.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Dude thank you I almost forgot to get premix for my weed eater today.

Yeah he is good. But that's not you now is it. :smirk: It still is what it is. Anyone who doesn't like to grasp change of this magnitude is well just stubborn. Arguing 2T vs 4T, Sounds like a redneck who believes that his 350 in his '84 Camero will dominate any new EFI car. Point is, one just refuses to understand technology advanced for beyond their understanding. I thank you for pointing out a video that I have already seen. Thank you again for trolling a useful thread for others who own 4T's and wanted to see this.

I don't know if your mamma ever told you this but I will. If you don't have something nice (positive) to say keep your mouth shut!

:lol: 4 stroke owners are soo sensitive :poke: Man I never said anything about 2 strokes being better or more superior to 4 strokes, I just stated why I love mine so much. Your the one that came back with wead eater this HD junk that 43 year old technoloy. :blah::blah::blah: I never was arguing 2T vs 4t, you on the other hand need to justify spending a boat load of money on a top end so you can have the newest technology. 4 strokes have there place and its on a track, personally I wouldnt want to risk dropping a valve 100 miles away from camp.

Nice, I still don't understand why some think it will cost an arm and a leg to rebuild a 4T. I went back with all OEM stuff on the internals.

Um because it does, I could replace 4 top ends in my bike for the price of your 1. I know that might be difficult for you to understand but thats 4x the price! BTW if you and your race machine ever make it out to Cali let me know, we will find out who's technology is more superior on the trail or the track I'll let you choose. :moon:

:hail: Long live the 4t :hail:
58434_426998216238_337670386238_5113548_3589222_n.jpg

James

Staff member
Nice plug!!!
:smirk: Why thank you
No it was installed completely upside down. Yep everything was torqued and ready to go...:naughty: sort of.
:lol: Nice
:thumb: Nice, I still don't understand why some think it will cost an arm and a leg to rebuild a 4T. I went back with all OEM stuff on the internals.
:noidea:

Since I had gotten some price breaks I figured I'd lay everything out for a stock 2005 KX250f rebuild with currently available parts.

https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/threads/rebuild-costs-4t-vs-2t.1101/

TROLLING NEVER GETS OLD DOES IT HAMMEREDFLATBILLER! :naughty:
Of course you did make the comparison on your first "uneeded" comment. Though board it left the door open for your jaw to flap more.

Nice pic of something that can happen to any bike. You just can't quite can you? I love the smell of ignorance in the morning. BTW I lived in Cali for 5 years and every stinking minute of it I couldn't wait to move out. You guys think you'll are all so "hella" superior. :rolleyes: I hope you so "stoked" over "bro bra"!

P.S. Do take note a gave you "roost" for being a troll. I'll be sure and puke garbage into your threads just as you have done here.

I will defend anything that is reasonable and truthful. However, if you pay all expenses then yes I will come back to Cali and ride with you. Unbackable challenges are worthless and meaningless. Like I am going ditch out my family and to parking lot drag race you. No thanks "Hot Rod". I'll let you keep that title. As for this please refrain yourself from making another comment.

Have fun on your "ringa ding dingers" :ride: :wave:

:focus:

Come on guys let this thread get back on topic. I am interested in this 4T rebuild project. Take your banter elsewhere :prof:

Bentsprocket please carry on :thumb:

James

Staff member
So Bent now that the engine is done, what else are you going to do on this project? Heck all this talk about rebuilds and those pictures make me want to go and work on my bike. :cry:

Come on guys let this thread get back on topic. I am interested in this 4T rebuild project. Take your banter elsewhere :prof:
:smirk: Why do you think that I created that thread?

I had the head machined. There was no need for new seats. The guy who did the work said it was the best looking 4t head he'd ever seen. It boils down to maintenance gents maintenance...

That is exactly what we did.
:thinking: I don't know any respectable machine shop that would cut them with out new valves present, that would be :crazy:
In your first post you said the head was in such good shape that they did not need to cut new seats. So I was alittle worried. Just wanted to make sure you got it done right. Good job on the rebuild.:thumb:

Bentsprocket please carry on :thumb:

Ok so I have 1.2 hours on the bike a the fork seals leaked just a little and then really started leaking. I have done them twice already but with non-OEM seals. I have FC fork springs and shock spring coming tomorrow and I have to richen up the top circuit on the carb.

So Bent now that the engine is done, what else are you going to do on this project? Heck all this talk about rebuilds and those pictures make me want to go and work on my bike. :cry:

:smirk: Why do you think that I created that thread?
See above

In your first post you said the head was in such good shape that they did not need to cut new seats. So I was alittle worried. Just wanted to make sure you got it done right. Good job on the rebuild.:thumb:

Oh I see, I would have been ignorant not to do them. I mean it's already broke down do it for goodness sake. Going into this build I knew exactly what I wanted done. That will save you some coin there. Have a plan and stick to it. Don't be like well what's another $75 for this piston or $50 for these valves. In the long run it all adds up. OEM got me 129 hours with no valve adjustments ever needed. That is what I went back with.