250 2006 YZ250

Wasn't saying that I want to, but since this thing is super fast, and I've already come off the back of it once at 48 years old and have had a thrown out back ever since, I was thinking maybe it might not be a bad idea until my skills come up. I have no desire to "want" to be like anybody. I have nothing to prove to anybody one way or another.
Was just a thought. I'm certainly not buying anything quickly...
Have you seen a chiropractor since the off? If not go see one, you will probably regain a half inch on your height too!
If you manage to find a smoking hot chiropractor chick you may even gain an inch or two elsewhere :devil::smirk:
My chiro is a scary big lady from @Naturaledge hometown of Manitoba :run:

Last edited:
Have you seen a chiropractor since the off? If not go see one, you will probably regain a half inch on your height too!
Funny you mention that. As of right now I have 10 days off, and will be seeing a chiro on Monday. And since my kid is always saying he's taller than me we measured ourselves last week. It turns out I'm 1" shorter than I previously thought :noidea:

As to the flywheel weight, what I posted said you could add one without losing power and I thought that would be wrong since your adding drag. Is this not correct? I'm also assuming that the weight is additional weight, but I dont know.

And it also said that a bunch of Yamaha riders were using them in 04....

I'm not buying one, I'll just keep going to the track.
And I'm not up for spending money right now cuz I just had my ac condensor moved to pour a slab under it and the kid that moved it screwed it up. Now I gotta re-do things, and soon.

What do you guys make of this plug?
This after bumping up the PJ & MJ one size (to stock) 50 and 178 like @Mihylo33 recommended, and an 60/40 mix 100 octane race gas and 91 pump.
Plug Apr 21, 2019.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I do.
Its running a little rich/sluggish, not much, but I was wondering of its worth it to drop back down a size?
And what about that flaky stuff on the side?

If it’s slightly sluggish you can open up the air screw as much as 2.5 turns out from the seated position. You can also go down on the pilot if you want. The flaking is because the bike is loading up and probably being lugged. It’s a motor built for high rpms, like 10,000 rpms and it’s happoest when kept in meat of the power. Also keeping it revved will keep the detonation to a minimum. I’m anxious to see what the head looks like when you pull it in a couple weeks.... the motor head not your penetrator.

Ok, cool. I'm not on the pipe 100%. More like 75%, so there is some lugging going on. Saw your link in the MX thread for Gary Semics. I like that guy and have watched many of his video's online. Any lugging I do is in the turns for sure. Definitely my weak spot.
I was also thinking of dropping the PJ back to a 48, and was wondering if maybe thats where the flakiness was coming from. Appreciate the nod to do so as that was my first thought.

Couple weeks? I hope I can get that far. It's supposed to be 100 here by Friday. And I still have to get my home A/C back up and running from the douchebag that charged me $350 to disable it when I had the slab poured...

As far as my "penetrator"...I wish it got as much use as my bike does...:doh:

That looks charcoalee to me with ash deposits.

I forgot to ask if he running the hotter plug in this or if it’s the stocker. If he’s lugging it in turns the extra fuel and low rpms with the hotter plug could cause the ash deposits wand make it feel even more sluggish.

Ok, cool. I'm not on the pipe 100%. More like 75%, so there is some lugging going on. Saw your link in the MX thread for Gary Semics. I like that guy and have watched many of his video's online. Any lugging I do is in the turns for sure. Definitely my weak spot.
I was also thinking of dropping the PJ back to a 48, and was wondering if maybe thats where the flakiness was coming from. Appreciate the nod to do so as that was my first thought.

Couple weeks? I hope I can get that far. It's supposed to be 100 here by Friday. And I still have to get my home A/C back up and running from the douchebag that charged me $350 to disable it when I had the slab poured...

As far as my "penetrator"...I wish it got as much use as my bike does...:doh:

100 is pretty hot. My AZ garage will have AC.

When you say you are running 75%on the pipe you actually are running like 40%.... or less. It’s ok, it’s a common misconception. You won’t be at 50-60% on the pipe for at least a year and your kid will beat you to it by 6months. When I was racing full time I would spend an entire practice day once a week just cornering. Why cornering? , because that’s where you lose speed and lose races and spend the most amount of time actually racing. Keeping the throttle on while using the clutch and the brake to control traction suspension and steering (yes Virginia, you use the rear wheel to steer) is an art form long lost to today’s vet riders that like to square up corners and power out of corners because of their 450.... what really pisses them off (especially A riders:smirk:)is when your 12yrold basically stock 2stroke 250 blows the doors off them at the start and they can’t match your corner speed then call you a sandbagger because you embarrassed them.

In short get the video and use your kids 125 to practice corners once a week. You will see a difference in everything you do on the track once you start learning the proper cornering techniques.

Have you seen a chiropractor since the off?
Went and saw a naturopathic Dr. last week. She did some acupuncture, some cupping, and an adjustment. My hips we're definitely out of place, and as of today I feel about 80% better. Should be good to go for the track this weekend, in the 101 degree heat.
I forgot to ask if he running the hotter plug in this or if it’s the stocker.
Plug currently in it is a BR9EG.
100 is pretty hot. My AZ garage will have AC.
If your anywhere near the valley, its a must. If you're up by your Dad, you could probably get by without it. I like it hot. It's 80 in my house right now and I'm just starting to feel mobile again. Under 75 and I layer up and dont move much.
get the video and use your kids 125 to practice corners
Will do.

My back is good now.
But the bike...
Questions;
1 - ACP rocks! But I have zero faith in my front MX51, it kept sliding out in corners. I want a very meaty front tire, what do the pros run? I want aggressive side knobs. I've seen them, just dont know what they are...
2 - My rear tire concerns me as well. Is there a difference in 2T tires compared to 4T tires? I'm thinking there must be...
I'm thinking I have the wrong tires on this thing.