250 2006 YZ250

What do y'all make of this statement?;
"TMV 9 Ounce Flywheel Weight
This should have come on the YZ250 from the factory. Back in 2004, all of the team Yamaha pros used a flywheel weight on the YZ 250. With the 9 ounce weight added to the flywheel, you will gain traction without loosing any power. You will notice more drive out of corners, and less chance of locking up the rear wheel during hard breaking. I chose the TMV brand because I know it will fit under the ignition cover. I have used light 8oz and heavy 11oz flywheel weights, and the 9oz feels just perfect. It gives my bike that "European" feel. "

If you want to be like the Fag Europeans, go ahead and tame them down your beast with a fly wheel weight.
Wasn't saying that I want to, but since this thing is super fast, and I've already come off the back of it once at 48 years old and have had a thrown out back ever since, I was thinking maybe it might not be a bad idea until my skills come up. I have no desire to "want" to be like anybody. I have nothing to prove to anybody one way or another.
Was just a thought. I'm certainly not buying anything quickly...

Wasn't saying that I want to, but since this thing is super fast, and I've already come off the back of it once at 48 years old and have had a thrown out back ever since, I was thinking maybe it might not be a bad idea until my skills come up. I have no desire to "want" to be like anybody. I have nothing to prove to anybody one way or another.

In my opinion, putting flywheel weights on any bike is like neutering it. On my RM 250, that I ride almost exclusively in the woods and mountain trails, I threw in a HotRod crank which was lighter than stock, And a pro circuit works pipe to give a healthier hit in the midrange. My thinking was let’s take this hard hitting bike with a light switch power band to another level, I now own the funnest trail bike in Alaska, in my opinion......don’t try to tame your bike, if anything work on your throttle control skills.

If you want to be like the Fag Europeans, go ahead and tame down your beast with a fly wheel weight. I am anxiously awaiting Palmer’s and Mikeys comments on this.

I don’t know about anyone else but it has always been my goal to get that motor to spool up as fast as possible out of a corner especially since they like to put the big double 50’ from the exit.

Last edited:
I never got it either. Light flywheel effect is the goal and always has been. Besides, everyone was riding YZ450F’s in 2004 anyway :poke:

If you want to be like the Fag Europeans, go ahead and tame down your beast with a fly wheel weight. I am anxiously awaiting Palmer’s and Mikeys comments on this.

Me too! :moon: :poke:

Are you sure? Because deep down inside bRad wants to be somebody. :smirk:

In my opinion, putting flywheel weights on any bike is like neutering it. On my RM 250, that I ride almost exclusively in the woods and mountain trails, I threw in a HotRod crank which was lighter than stock, And a pro circuit works pipe to give a healthier hit in the midrange. My thinking was let’s take this hard hitting bike with a light switch power band to another level, I now own the funnest trail bike in Alaska, in my opinion......don’t try to tame your bike, if anything work on your throttle control skills.

Different strokes! Everybody has a preference on how they want their bike to feel. From don't let a two stroke idle, to adding a pipe, reeds, porting, Rekluse, etc. etc. etc. You found what works for you.

I don’t know about anyone else but it has always been my goal to get that motor to spook up as fast as possible out of a corner especially since they like to put the big double 50’ from the exit.

Why is everything a "spook" with you? :hug:

I never got it either. Light flywheel effect is the goal and always has been. Besides, everyone was riding YZ450F’s in 2004 anyway :poke:

It really depends on the type of riding you do. On my old 56 VW bug, I took the flywheel down to 12lbs so the little 1200 engine would spool up fast. That little bug was fun, and it made that 1200 just that much better.

And now this, what you have all been waiting for:

8-9oz FWW: Best suited for MX track, light trail riding, stunts.
MX track: for those that think they need it to keep the engine from stalling. You get the same effect if you stay on the pipe, and have your bike tuned properly.
Light trail: It helps a 2 stroke keep rolling and not stall out on slow and technical riding, can also be accomplished by setting idle a tiny bit higher.
Stunts: Many guys run a light FWW on their 250 2 stroke engines to help with the spooling of the engine when doing air tricks. It helps balance the bikes inertia of wanting to flip, or nose dive while bike is in the air without the rider controlling it.

11oz FWW: Good for the guys with a 250CC 2 stroke engine that do enduro cross riding. Many guys just opt for a Rekluse as you get about the same effect on keeping the engine spinning if you find yourself in a piss poor predicament.

130z FWW: Good for the guys with 250CC 2 stroke engines that do really technical drag your bike up and down loose rocky trailer, or slow 1-2nd gear riding.

300CC up 2 stroke bikes really do not need a FWW since they already are a good spinning engine.

My 2004 YZ250WR with a E-line/Hodgkin stator has an almost 13oz FWW on it, and WR gears. There is no getting away from a FWW with this setup since it's a rotor that bolts to your existing flywheel.

This is not taking into account the fag Europeans, since they are all fags anyway. :devil:

Your welcome Timoyz