4 Stroke 2004 KTM 450 MXC Dualsport/Supermoto

Did some modifications today to the rear brake light. I hate the way the normal dual sport tail lights look. They make the license plate look like a mud flap. I just can't deal with that. So I took a Baja Designs light I had sitting around and chopped it up. So I could mount the light right under the lip of the fender. Here is what I came up with. I just have it taped on for now so I can bring my rivets in tomorrow. Now I have to figure out how to mount the license plate.
DSC_0500.JPG

DSC_0501.JPG

Did some modifications today to the rear brake light. I hate the way the normal dual sport tail lights look. They make the license plate look like a mud flap. I just can't deal with that. So I took a Baja Designs light I had sitting around and chopped it up. So I could mount the light right under the lip of the fender. Here is what I came up with. I just have it taped on for now so I can bring my rivets in tomorrow. Now I have to figure out how to mount the license plate.
View attachment 10250

View attachment 10251

Have you considered the "Euro" style rear brake light set up from KTM?

View attachment 10250

View attachment 10251

KTM has an after market one ... I have it but no pictures... it's more of an extension of the fender than the original that dropped down like a mud flap.

Just Velcro the Lic Plate to your back.

I was thinking about attaching it to my back pack with zip ties. not sure tho. Then I will have to wear a back pack everything I ride. I think I found a place but it is going to take some modification.

Just Velcro the Lic Plate to your back.
:thumb:
I was thinking about attaching it to my back pack with zip ties. not sure tho. Then I will have to wear a back pack everything I ride. I think I found a place but it is going to take some modification.

TraV even went as far as making a colored copy, laminating it (I think) and attaching it to his pack... I think he got questioned on it but don't remember the outcome.... might be why he shaved his beard! :shocked:...... :noidea:

Strictly speaking not much of that equipment is technically off road not dual sport. Look for the DOT rating on that X2. It's not there.

Then again I have a factory dual sport and the tail light just can't possibly meet the regs.

Usually equipment isn't a problem unless the wrong cop happens to pull you over.

Got some EVO Windham bars in for the Dualsport Project. Trying to get it running but coming up short on a few parts. Maybe next weekend.
DSC_0254.JPG

The original owner was quite a bit taller than me so he put a taller seat on the bike. I could barely ride it. It literally felt like I was sitting on the handlebars. I was going to order a complete seat from SDG but found this OEM seat on ebay for 40 bucks so I thought I would give it a try. I can at least touch now but man it is hard as a rock. I am going to run it for a little and then probably put guts seat foam in it.

DSC_0503.JPG

Finally got a little time to work on my own bike. Here is the Shorai Lithium Battery I am using. It is the same battery I used for the KTM 300 build. It has worked flawlessly in that bike so I am putting it in another. I am going to wire up the lights tonight also and hopefully have it running.

DSC_0542.JPG

-Brock
powersportjunkie.com
shoppsj.com

Thought I should post this up. This has brought the project to a sudden stop. I am now on the hunt for a hub and might go with a RAD engineering hub if I cannot find an OEM hub for cheap. Looks like the previous owner was extremely hard on the wheels and over tightened the spokes and cracked the hub. I am bummed out because I have the other hoop to lace to this and thought I would be riding this thing by the middle of the week. Anyways here are pictures.Cracked Wheel 1.jpeg

Cracked Wheel.jpeg

-Brock
powersportjunkie.com
shoppsj.com