4 Stroke 2004 KTM 450 MXC Dualsport/Supermoto

With gas prices going up and the weather getting nice I figured it was time to get a nice little scoot to shoot back and forth to work in. So I cruised my local craigslist and found this gem. 2004 450 MXC. It has definitely been ridden HARD. It has a fresh top end in it and fires right up.

DSC_0466.JPG

DSC_0467.JPG

I am going to have to replace the wheels. I am going to re-lace new wheels to the hubs, since I guess the previous owner doesn't like to run any air pressure in the tires while riding. I have never seen dents in wheels like this. I am surprised the tire even sets the bead.

DSC_0468.JPG

DSC_0469.JPG

Also came with this special steering Damper made by RTT. I have never heard of them but it is a trick little piece. It has a knob on the handlebar that adjust the damper sort of like the GPR but not quite. The damper is integrated into the triple clamp which makes for a clean piece.

DSC_0470.JPG

DSC_0471.JPG

Looks good. So you are going to lace up some super moto wheels, lights and plate it?

Oh yeah - I have done damage like that to a few sets of wheels in my day. It's called hammering through rock gardens while shifting to 4th gear and still twisting...:smirk:

Looks good. So you are going to lace up some super moto wheels, lights and plate it?

Oh yeah - I have done damage like that to a few sets of wheels in my day. It's called hammering through rock gardens while shifting to 4th gear and still twisting...:smirk:

I am going to lace up dirt wheels to the stock hubs and run dualsport tires on it. Yes I am going to put lights on it and plate it. I am going to run Dualsport tires until I can get a complete set of super moto wheels. That way I can have two wheel sets and just switch wheels out.

I like my wheels to much to go through rock gardens like that. I will make up the speed in the other sections.

Unless you alternative is a giant lifted truck that gets 10mpg and you drive far, I really doubt that you are going to save any $$$ with this particular bike. When you run the numbers a used compact car will almost always come out ahead.

It makes a good excuse though.

Unless you alternative is a giant lifted truck that gets 10mpg and you drive far, I really doubt that you are going to save any $$$ with this particular bike. When you run the numbers a used compact car will almost always come out ahead.

It makes a good excuse though.

I get you but I dont want to work on or drive a used compact car. and I drive a tahoe now which doesn't make any sense because I drive it to the shop park it then drive home. So I figured I could get some seat time in everyday.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it. Incase my wife sees this thread.

I get you but I dont want to work on or drive a used compact car. and I drive a tahoe now which doesn't make any sense because I drive it to the shop park it then drive home. So I figured I could get some seat time in everyday.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it. Incase my wife sees this thread.
A man that knows what side his bread is buttered!!!!! :prof:

i drive a bike everyday in the summer. It cost me under 100$ for the three months im out of school to put gas in it and insure it. Driveing just a 4cy ranger its 2x that a month. Its cheaper for me to have a bike than a compact :noidea:

i drive a bike everyday in the summer. It cost me under 100$ for the three months im out of school to put gas in it and insure it. Driveing just a 4cy ranger its 2x that a month. Its cheaper for me to have a bike than a compact :noidea:

yup, I ride my bike everyday its not raining and only has cost me about 15 dollars a week for gas, my truck cost me about 65 a week. Plus, I had to put tires and brakes on the truck at $1500 this past month, the bike hasn't gotten one thing.

yup, I ride my bike everyday its not raining and only has cost me about 15 dollars a week for gas, my truck cost me about 65 a week. Plus, I had to put tires and brakes on the truck at $1500 this past month, the bike hasn't gotten one thing.

I spend hundreds of dollars a week on fuel.... :pout: