250F 2004 Crf250R Rebuild

Here is a update, i have not worked on it due to not having a flywheel puller, i was about to get one last night so now i will be able to move forward and split the case. I asked the shop what causes a connecting rod bearing to go and he said most likely due to worn out piston and other parts. So like you guys have said its not my fault...

He said to fix the bearing you need to press in and out the rod from the crank, they quoted $130 to do the work if i bring them the crank assembly. So $130 in labor, about $130 for a connecting rod and bearing. So i see what you mean it will be cheaper to get a hot rods crank assembly off ebay for under $200.

So right now here is my parts list....

1. Piston + Rings
2. oil filter and strainer?
3. Gasket kit
4. Crank Assembly
5. spark plug

Hopefully nothing else it damage...
I hope you are not paying for this

same here....... but i am at that point to just suck it up, and get it over with, learn my lesson, no one is your true friend. but before i pay anything i am talking to him and being like this is what needs to be done. and go from there.

same here....... but i am at that point to just suck it up, and get it over with, learn my lesson, no one is your true friend. but before i pay anything i am talking to him and being like this is what needs to be done. and go from there.
i seized my neighbors bike which i borrowed.
this quote above is enough to say you should be contributing something. I understand that you are doing the work and it was really not your fault that it seized, but you should at least help with some of the cost. Is your neighbor giving you grief for it seizing and telling you that you need to pay for it? Sounds like you are getting the break down and will present that to him before you move on. What has been his reaction so far?

this quote above is enough to say you should be contributing something. I understand that you are doing the work and it was really not your fault that it seized, but you should at least help with some of the cost. Is your neighbor giving you grief for it seizing and telling you that you need to pay for it? Sounds like you are getting the break down and will present that to him before you move on. What has been his reaction so far?
so far his reaction is you need to learn a lesson, if you borrow something and it breaks you fix it. he does not believe me from what i can tell that i was only one the track for under 5 mins, even though i told him i even got my money back from the track. he is a Master Chief in the navy so he is the type to yell and be strict over things and you cant really get a reading on it. i did get one conv in with him, and he said if there is anything else i would replace to replace it and tell him what it cost, so i not 100% on what he is thinking. when i get a list together and what not i will present it to him and go from there as i dont think it will be a good idea to talk to him without a hard number of what the parts will cost.

I understand i was riding it when it happened, which is why i have no problem doing the work, i am fine paying for some of the parts. right now it will be around $349 for all the parts. But there is no way it was my fault for the engine problem, it was going to break just i got the luck.

So i got some good news today, i talked to my friend to let him know how much parts are and what i recommend replacing while its open. He handed me $150 and said "here is some money to get you started" so i believe he is paying for the parts now :)

i got some gears out, and splitting the case in the morning!

A258D34C-0724-4152-A9D5-A8104FF29016-7262-00000916B0920C09_zps508b77ba.jpg

I split the case finally and everything looks good except for the crank...

9E29A115-2C2C-4A22-9A2E-8AD8B2FB63A7-8477-00000BC52F76A25D_zpsa0bc88b8.jpg

A8190963-7BCF-4ED8-AC03-6A0530A8DCFC-8477-00000BC525F0C378_zpsd6461e97.jpg

just ordered the new crank assembly, piston, rings, gasket kit, spark plug, oil filter... should be here by Friday. Will be cleaning parts and case of all the medal shavings. Then will be posting back here when parts arrive and get to put the sucker back together!

I split the case finally and everything looks good except for the crank...

9E29A115-2C2C-4A22-9A2E-8AD8B2FB63A7-8477-00000BC52F76A25D_zpsa0bc88b8.jpg

A8190963-7BCF-4ED8-AC03-6A0530A8DCFC-8477-00000BC525F0C378_zpsd6461e97.jpg

just ordered the new crank assembly, piston, rings, gasket kit, spark plug, oil filter... should be here by Friday. Will be cleaning parts and case of all the medal shavings. Then will be posting back here when parts arrive and get to put the sucker back together!

On the left hand case there should be a small screen filter that sits underneath the flywheel, don't forget to clean it out