RM125 2003 suzuki rm125, jetting questions

Buy a couple spark plugs..

With the bike fully warmed up, find a long straight, and install a fresh plug. Start the engine, and do a full-throttle run down the straight, through all gears. As soon as the bike tops out, pull the clutch in, and kill the engine, coasting to a stop. Remove the plug, and look deep down inside the threads, at the base of the insulator. If it is white or gray, the main is too lean. If it is dark brown or black, the main is too rich. The correct color is a medium-dark mocha brown or tan

Post the pictures here and we can tell you were to head with jetting or if its correct.

After The new top end is installed ?? or with the current top end ??
Umm i think me doing a plug chop is useless, all i know is that it should be sort of like coffee with cream color, what if its not?? I'll have no clue wat to do, what does it mean if its darker??
What does it mean if its lighter ??

My friends( all have been ridding motocross since they were kids) when they rode my bike they all said the bike is jetted good and its running crisp.
A new top end shouldn't affect anything right ?

And another thing, factory spark plug for my bike is $30 lol kinda expensive to install it for one run and cut the threads off right after.

I was told i could run br9es , which is $10
What do you think?

After The new top end is installed ?? or with the current top end ??
Umm i think me doing a plug chop is useless, all i know is that it should be sort of like coffee with cream color, what if its not?? I'll have no clue wat to do, what does it mean if its darker??
What does it mean if its lighter ??

My friends( all have been ridding motocross since they were kids) when they rode my bike they all said the bike is jetted good and its running crisp.
A new top end shouldn't affect anything right ?
Do a plug chop or two... Make sure the engine is fully warm, New top end, Clean air filter, Might even want to check the packing in the silencer.... Then do a plug chop or two... And put another plug in... And post the pictures of the spark plug... Try to get a GOOD picture of the plug

Sparkplug.jpg

That is out of my RM250, Some will say its a shade rich, Thats where i like to keep mine.... But take a picture like that so we can see down inside the tip.
Hahha i was writting this massage and you posted right before me , thanks for answering my question before i asked it lol :)

:ninja:

And another thing, factory spark plug for my bike is $30 lol kinda expensive to install it for one run and cut the threads off right after.

What do you think?
Same with my rm250, I run the br8eg or br8es... I change them regularly. So i don't worry about running the 30 dollar plug.

There is somthing to do with the tip failing and breaking off the cheaper plugs. NGK even tells not use the cheap plugs. Myself and many other have not had an issue running the cheap ones, But i've read many storys about them failing.

I just did some reading about running the 8 or 9, And some guys running 125's run the 8 and some run the 9... The 9 would be a colder plug.

I don't know enough about that stuff to tell you which to run. Might just be upto whatever the bike likes.

With all that said, If you want to run the 30 dollar plug. Buy the cheap ones to atleast to check the jetting. And then one you get it where you like it you can put the exspensive plug in. I run the cheap ones and change them out on a regular basis

What do you think?
fug that 30 dollar plug, run b9es or b9eg, no need for the br plugs. I know someone with a 96 rm250 that requires the 20 dollar plug, and he's ran b9's since he bought it over 4 years ago with no issues. I bought 4 b9eg's for 12 dollars on ebay, save yourself some money and buy online. $10... :facepalm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pack-of-N...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2329fcfd&vxp=mtr You're welcome