RM125 2003 suzuki rm125, jetting questions

Hey guys, im new to dirtbiking i just got my first bike in the begining of last season, ( i have been ridding bikes ever since i was 15, and im 22 now)
But im new to the dirtbikes
I bought a suzuki rm 125 i really enjoy the bike, it runs great, doesnt stall or anything, never shuts down when in neutral, it has a stock pipe and silencer , the pipe is starting to get really rusty and will need replacing soon, so i was thinking of getting an FMF full pipe and silencer, i know the bike will require re-jetting when new pipe is installed,
I have looked on ebay and couldnt find any jetting kits( what i have in
Mind is a kit that has a bunch of different jet sizes)
Or maybe i dont need it and it just needs setting up with the jets that are in there now,
Any help is appreciated
A website where i can get it would be helpfull

Welcome Daniel, You won't need a jetting kit... You can buy the jets seperatly and cheaply at Rockymountainatvmc.com..

FMF calls for your jetting to be

Main Jet 440
Slow jet 37.5
Needle in the 3rd slot
Air Screw at 1.5

After you get the pipe you want you will need to do a plug chop, then jet up or down from where you are at. If you have any questions at all we are here to helps :D

Thanks for your help, i will look at into it,
Are jetts sold by make of the bike and year??? Or just size?? Do all makes use the same thread and such ?? I dont want to buy wrong parts,
If you have some time could you please post the links of what i will need ??
And if it makes any difference i can post on what pipe i will be getting.

Main Jet 440
Slow jet 37.5
Needle in the 3rd slot
Air Screw at 1.5

IS THAT JETT SETTING FOR A STOCK OEM PIPE AND SILENCER ???
OR IS IT FOR FMF PIPE??

i just went on the fmf website and found the recomended setting, i didnt know that alltitude makes a difference in jetting.
I LIVE IN ONTARIO CANADA, TORONTO , I USE 94 OCTANE GAS, PRE MIX OIL I USE 'AMS OIL INTERCEPTOR'
I USED TO MIX 32:1 BUT THE BIKE SMOKED A LOT, SO I STARTED MIXING 40:1
DO YOU THINK THESE JETT SETTINGS WOULD BE GOOD FOR MY BIKE ???
  • Main Jet
  • Pilot Jet
  • Needle
  • STOCK
  • Needle Position
  • 3RD
  • Power Jet
  • N/A
  • Air Screw

Mix 32:1 ...Thats what those jetting specs are for.

Those jettings specs will probably get you running and then you will need to do a plug chop. '

Do you know the jetting that is in now?

SORRY TO POST SO MANY TIMES,
BUT I SHOULD ALSO MENTION, THE JETTING ON MY BIKE IS SET UP PERFECT RIGHT NOW, WELL AT LEAST FOR A NEW RIDER LIKE ME I THINK IS PERFECT BECAUSE, I STARTS FIRST KICK ALMOST EVERYTIME WHEN WARM, NEVER SHUTS OFF WHEN RUNNING IN NEUTRAL, IT HAS NICE POWERBAND,
ALSO MY FRIENDS WHO RODE MY BIKE THAT HAVE BEEN RIDDING MOTOCROSS FOR YEARSSS ALSO SAID THAT THE JETTING IS PERFECT ON IT.
THIS IS WHAT STOPPED ME FROM BUYING A NEW PIPE RIGHTAWAY, IM SCARED THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO GET THE JETTING TO BE THIS GOOD AFTER THE NEW PIPE IS INSTALLED.
ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME TO HAVE THE BIKE RUNNING SMOOTH AS IM LEARING TO RIDE OFFROAD AND LAST THING I NEED IS MY BIKE SHUTTING OFF ON MY WHILE GOING DOWN OR UP THE HILL, I HOPE YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND ME.

WHAT IS A PLUG CHOP ???
I DONT KNOW WHAT THE JETT SETTINGS ARE NOW, I CAN CHECK IT TOMMOROW OR THE DAY AFTER THE BIKE I STORED AWAY FOR THE WINTER, I GOTTA MOVE A BUNCH OF THINGS SO I CAN GET TO IT.

James

Staff member
WHAT IS A PLUG CHOP ???
I DONT KNOW WHAT THE JETT SETTINGS ARE NOW, I CAN CHECK IT TOMMOROW OR THE DAY AFTER THE BIKE I STORED AWAY FOR THE WINTER, I GOTTA MOVE A BUNCH OF THINGS SO I CAN GET TO IT.
FYI on the internet all caps is interpreted as shouting.......plus it's very hard to read. :(

SRAD97750

Staff member
I would swap pipes and see how it reacts.
Jetting may be the last thing you need to do.
BobKyle2 Posted the FMF pipe jetting. Best thing to do is tear your carb apart and see what sizes you are currently running.
-BIG DAN