RM125 2003 suzuki rm125, jetting questions

I have another question regarding jetting.
What do you guys think a dirt bike mechanic would charge for jetting a bike,
Theres a few shops around where i live, 2 that strictly deal with offroad stuff,
What do you think a reasnable price is to get the bike jetted. And how many hours would it take, so i know if the guy is trying to rip me off
No point in having someone else do it. 2 strokes should be re-jetted before every ride. Not everyone does this, but it makes the bike run stronger. I recommend you take a couple of days, with some pilots and mains and some plugs and learn to jet your bike, and learn to read the plug. You can also tell alot about whats going on if the bike is bogging.

2 strokes should be re-jetted before every ride.
I would have to disagree with this statement unless you are racing and riding in different locations, weather changes drastically or massive elevation changes. As i mentioned before, I have an 03 YZ250 2 stroke with an FMF Fatty and Titanium shorty installed. I jetted it once when I installed the pipe and silencer when it was new 10 years a ago and have not touched it since. This bike does not skip a beat and is completely crisp all the way through the power ban.

I do agree you should take the time to learn how jetting affects your bike, but again your bike is running great now, so DO NOT change anything.

James

Staff member
I would have to disagree with this statement unless you are racing and riding in different locations, weather changes drastically or massive elevation changes. As i mentioned before, I have an 03 YZ250 2 stroke with an FMF Fatty and Titanium shorty installed. I jetted it once when I installed the pipe and silencer when it was new 10 years a ago and have not touched it since. This bike does not skip a beat and is completely crisp all the way through the power ban.

I do agree you should take the time to learn how jetting affects your bike, but again your bike is running great now, so DO NOT change anything.
:thumb: If your oil mixture ratio, weather/temp, altitude don't change there shouldn't be any reason to adjust your jetting.

Plus you should be able to account for a lot of temp/weather changes with an air screw adjustment.

:thumb: If your oil mixture ratio, weather/temp, altitude don't change there shouldn't be any reason to adjust your jetting.

Plus you should be able to account for a lot of temp/weather changes with an air screw adjustment.

Unless you live here on the east coast where the weather and air density coupled with the mass amounts of humidity (NJ)can throw your jetting off between 1st practice and 2nd moto....

Unless you live here on the east coast where the weather and air density coupled with the mass amounts of humidity (NJ)can throw your jetting off between 1st practice and 2nd moto....
"I would have to disagree with this statement unless you are racing" I stated Racing.

No point in having someone else do it. 2 strokes should be re-jetted before every ride. Not everyone does this, but it makes the bike run stronger. I recommend you take a couple of days, with some pilots and mains and some plugs and learn to jet your bike, and learn to read the plug. You can also tell alot about whats going on if the bike is bogging.
:lol: C'mon Hawk - nobody, and I mean nobody that I know of rejets every race. Maybe if I'm paying some dude 50 large a year to wrench on my bike would I expect them to change jetting morning, noon and afternoon. Besides, I'm rocking injection now so I don't give a shat about jetting anymore. But, seriously, who the flack pays attention to jetting on a daily basis? Do you actually know someone like this?

James

Staff member
:lol: C'mon Hawk - nobody, and I mean nobody that I know of rejets every race. Maybe if I'm paying some dude 50 large a year to wrench on my bike would I expect them to change jetting morning, noon and afternoon. Besides, I'm rocking injection now so I don't give a shat about jetting anymore. But, seriously, who the flack pays attention to jetting on a daily basis? Do you actually know someone like this?
:prof: Tell us how you really feel...

Ok guys, i have another question about jetting, i bought a wiseco top end kit, piston, bearings, clips, gaskets, rings, everything needed to do a top end,
Installing a new top end shouldnt affect jetting on the bike right? I got the bike at the begining of the season had 150 psi compression, and now is around 130 psi, so im
Installing a new top end.
Jetting shouldn't be affected because of that right ??? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359522965.806499.jpg
This is the kit i got