125 2001 YZ125

I think its probably better, but I'll have to start over to be sure. I prolly screwed the adjuster ring in 3 times or so. I couldn't get it to come anywhere near spec. But too much math. I'm just gonna order a metric tape measure and be done with it.
Didn't matter too much anyway cuz he broke the frigging brand new shift lever after about 45 minutes at the track today. Stripped the shit right outta it, again. So he sat in the truck while I rode and got familiar with the YZ250 again. What an awesome bike.

How did he strip it??? Something isn’t right.
Save the money on the metric tape. Google is free.
https://www.google.com/search?q=convert inches to millimeters

Jumps from planes and knows feet, when they jump in the UK, do they jump at feet, or meters?

So, If a guy from England gets on a plane to do a jump with you, do you tell him from feet, or meters?

Do the math!!! :bonk:

:P:P:P:P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jumps from planes and knows feet, when they jump in the UK, do they jump at feet, or meters?

So, If a guy from England gets on a plane to do a jump with you, do you tell him from feet, or meters?

Thankfully I'm an Inbetweener! I work to either depending g who (age) I'm working with! :prof::thumb:

They have their altimeters set in meters. The "metric tape measure" :prof:

How did he strip it??? Something isn’t right.
He doesn't tap the toe down, he stomps it with his whole foot. I've seen him do it, just didn't put much thought into it before, but now after the 2nd one...that hindsight 20/20 thing I guess...

No, it was a Tusk lever. Is the OEM lever steel? The internals are good I'm sure. Hell, everything on all my bikes are basically new. This kxf250 is still staring me in the face though...

Last edited:
He doesn't tap the toe down, he stomps it with his whole foot. I've seen him do it, just didn't put much thought into it before, but now after the 2nd one...that hindsight 20/20 thing I guess...

You should be able to hammer down pretty hard on it without it stripping. I use the sunline levers after the stockers go. Yes the oem is pretty awesome.
I would look at the shift shaft to make sure the edges are still hard cut and not rounded. If they are I would look into a different shifter. Tusk makes some great stuff and I use almost all of it but like anything else their quality may be going down hill because they can save a few bucks on manufactureing.

I tried to check the shaft, and I think it's probably okay, but my near vision just recently went away. Like over-night I think. I now need a magnifying glass or a set or readers these days. It pisses me off really. Literally like over-night, one day my eyes worked, the next not.