125 2001 YZ125

There was only ever one answer. All that clutch basket nonsense had me laughing....
Too bad you didn't check the first thing suggested. -BIG DAN
Yep. Thats why I give credit where credit is due, to you guys.
But I guarantee it wont happen again.
Call it a re-education seminar :thumb:

There was only ever one answer. All that clutch basket nonsense had me laughing....
Too bad you didn't check the first thing suggested. -BIG DAN
Yep. Thats why I give credit where credit is due, to you guys.
But I guarantee it wont happen again.
Call it a re-education seminar :thumb:

:prof: just to reassure you, I was of no value whatsoever on this segment of the John Denver aircraft mechanic school. :noidea: I’m a dooms day guy because as I read it the bike wouldn’t go into first and when it did it would just rev.
Sorry to scare you
I’m gonna go hang with Nedge now and pick out some sikk graphics.

:prof: just to reassure you, I was of no value whatsoever on this segment of the John Denver aircraft mechanic school. :noidea: I’m a dooms day guy because as I read it the bike wouldn’t go into first and when it did it would just rev.
Sorry to scare you
I’m gonna go hang with Nedge now and pick out some sikk graphics.
:lol::lol:

Too bad you didn't check the first thing suggested
In my defense, I did, just without the required knowledge, which I hopefully bestow below.
Everything was tight. Pull pressure was normal. Cable wasn't frayed, seated correctly. I just didn't know that it was too tight. Inexperience.
I assumed that if the lever fit whatever perch it was being put into, that it would work - MY BAD. Lesson learned.
I didn't realize the importance of the relationship between the handle and the perch, which was the issue. I assumed since one fit, it must be right, or at least would work.
After looking at it, and having an engineering background, now it makes perfect sense.
A 1mm difference in pull, makes a HUGE difference in performance/usability. I under-estimated the importance of having a matched set.
I dont type this looking for sympathy, or to make excuses for my inexperience, but just so that anyone who might view this thread onward might learn from my mistakes.

Now I know better, and I thank you ALL for the learning experience.

Best part of it all, it was a cheap ($15.00) fix.

:lol::lol::lol: You read it then :devil::lol: It was the " she's got a fanny (pooooosy) like a badly packed kebab" that got me panicing and making my way upstairs to the loo to piss before I got wet knees :picard: I've heard most of them but :lol::lol::lol:

@PALMER84ONE I'm aiming for a 90's -2000's YZ 250 next btw, won't be anytime this year though, kids are killing my funds on all 5 fronts:faint:she also plays her part, :rifle:, expect a bombardment and maybe an engine in the post :hail:
Maybe I could do a @JimYZ250 and change my username from red to blue :smirk: :poke: Jim my man I'm going to buy your bike from Gary bit by bit, I'll send you pics though:camera:, @SRAD97750 how did you do that? I thought once you set it it's set?:noidea:

:lol: I've been red since I was 4 on a new :crash::crash::crash: Atc70, any jap bike is a win to me tbh, in order red blue yellow green, Yamaha 2nd for quality and reliability, and :ride:
Suzuki next due to a little dr200 foreskin I loved to stroke during the day skiving building the 89 at my bros farm 15 miles from home:ride:
Kawi last cos I've had a few and none of them were much to shout about!