85 1994 Kawasaki KX80 oil leak

Why is there so much oil in the exhaust?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wowsers :wow: that's pretty cheeky from a newb! Not a good start pissing off a moderator ( Dan ) and a very well respected long term member:noidea: U need a :poke::argue:
That
Was
A
Troshus
!
This is by far one of the craziest posts I have ever read on DBA. I sat here for some time trying to figure out a response... No idea what to say... -BIG DAN:noidea:

Oh and PS: Playful banter is awesome and expected, but ANY abuse aimed at ANY member will not be tolerated. There is a "Report" button on every post.
This is by far one of the craziest posts I have ever read on DBA. I sat here for some time trying to figure out a response... No idea what to say... -BIG DAN:noidea:

Oh and PS: Playful banter is awesome and expected, but ANY abuse aimed at ANY member will not be tolerated. There is a "Report" button on every post.

no worries dan. as i said dont have an issue with you, i actually agree it could be a tuning issue. im just trying to suggest something that will be pretty easy to ck/fix for a young kid and dont appreciate getting chopped at for it. i have a few decades of owning/working/riding bikes under my belt and know a little bit.

no worries dan. as i said dont have an issue with you, i actually agree it could be a tuning issue. im just trying to suggest something that will be pretty easy to ck/fix for a young kid and dont appreciate getting chopped at for it. i have a few decades of owning/working/riding bikes under my belt and know a little bit.
Andy probs has a decade or two on u so show some respect if you want to be a useful member of the community!

Andy probs has a decade or two on u so show some respect if you want to be a useful member of the community!
thanks alex, appreciate you putting in your 10cents as well. this is great to hear from all dans supporters. im sure nobody will ever suggest anything alternate to the moderators ever again! :smashpc:

Not taking sides here. But @ossagp you can kinda come off as a jerk, we have had our own banters I think you know. Very highly knowledgeable no doubt and probably a great guy (have never met in person). That being said the noob went a little wild haha. I'm sure your biting through your tongue right now haha. Unload and reload sir!

moving on. dead mau5 is your bike running fine? ie is it flooding? does it smell very fuelly? if its flooding this is probs a tuning issue, but if its running ok, ck your mix(generally 32:1 i find ok). if it is flooding id start by winding in the air fuel mix screw a bit(general starting point is wind all the way in and wind out 2.5 turns and start from there). just make sure to wind your adjustments in all the way and record where you started so you can always go back to where you started!

I told him follow DAN's advice and he'll be golden......I wonder if that fuck off then indirectly aimed at me or was it just involving you and Andy......I'm not sure whose nose he wanted pulled out of your ass, were you even aware someone's nose was there? there are many things to contemplate here.

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
thanks alex, appreciate you putting in your 10cents as well. this is great to hear from all dans supporters. im sure nobody will ever suggest anything alternate to the moderators ever again! :smashpc:
I think we're getting off to a bad start here.
#1. Me being a Mod has nothing to do with any of this. I think my online/real personality has brought me the friends I have. Or at least I'd hope so. It's certainly not my wealth... :smirk:
#2. I simply suggested a carburetor cleaning and setting the float tab to the correct height. If that is not your very first thought when troubleshooting "excessive exhaust oil," then I'm not sure what to say. (Thusly, my above post of disbelief.) I think the other members 'taking my side/kissing my ass' has more to do with the quality of my answer than the likability of my persona.

As for the OP, he'll have to respond with some answers about how the carb cleaning went, muffler repacking, and other questions asked of him before this thread can go much farther.

Keep it cool. It's normal for people to not agree with everything on the internet.
Btw Dan's a bike mechanic to trade!
Not quite, I have only been a Vespa/Piaggio Service Manager in the past. I am currently in my second decade of commercial aircraft maintenance. -BIG DAN:thumb:

kbc wm
Not taking sides here. But @ossagp you can kinda come off as a jerk, we have had our own banters I think you know. Very highly knowledgeable no doubt and probably a great guy (have never met in person). That being said the noob went a little wild haha. I'm sure your biting through your tongue right now haha. Unload and reload sir![/QUOTE

I think we're getting off to a bad start here.
#1. Me being a Mod has nothing to do with any of this. I think my online/real personality has brought me the friends I have. Or at least I'd hope so. It's certainly not my wealth... :smirk:
#2. I simply suggested a carburetor cleaning and setting the float tab to the correct height. If that is not your very first thought when troubleshooting "excessive exhaust oil," then I'm not sure what to say. (Thusly, my above post of disbelief.) I think the other members 'taking my side/kissing my ass' has more to do with the quality of my answer than the likability of my persona.

As for the OP, he'll have to respond with some answers about how the carb cleaning went, muffler repacking, and other questions asked of him before this thread can go much farther.

Keep it cool. It's normal for people to not agree with everything on the internet.

Not quite, I have only been a Vespa/Piaggio Service Manager in the past. I am currently in my second decade of commercial aircraft maintenance. -BIG DAN:thumb:
Good enough for me and most members big guy!