Other 1993 Yamaha WR500 Teardown/Overhaul

SRAD97750

Staff member
...your right leg IS the hammer of THOR!!!!!
Took a while to get the hammer to strike just right, but now it can't be stopped... not even a 500cc on the compression stroke...
LH kick... now that's a different story!

...throw a zip tie on that kill switch loom. It looks to be begging to be caught on some creosote.

The pictures are dicked, with that wire hanging. :smirk:
Thanks. I will get that fixed for you right away!

...so how'd it run????
Hey, so what did that thing sound like with the fresh motor and all. I bet it sounded like a factory monster....

Ran Great, sounded even better. Idles like a champion.
Needs clutch adjustment to really get a feel for it's factory+added HP.

-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I WANT TO GIVE A HUGE THANK YOU!
NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS!
TIMOYZ @ TIMOLOVESTITTIES.COM
For your endless powdercoat support and knowledge. Your endless assistance made this project what it is today! I really appreciated that you went out of your way to source, reserve, and purchase an OEM part I was having a hard time locating. You personally made this project happen! BIG THANKS!
BROCK @ POWERSPORTJUNKIE
For your prompt and professional quotes, organization, and shipping. You got everything I needed bundled into cost effective packages, shipped FAST and made right on the very minor issues we had. You beat every price I could come up with! Thank you for your support and long hours searching out my old OEM parts. Highly recommend! BIG THANKS!
BOB @ FCR SUSPENSION
Thanks for your repeated quoting, professionalism, and prompt service. Thanks for working with me and making sure I understood everything that was going to be done with my suspenders. Thanks for working with me while I experience hard times. Even took the time to explain a good starting sag setup and how to change different characteristics, even 8 months after the servicing. BIG THANKS!
CDA+MIKEY+JAX @ DBA
Thanks to you guys for egging me on to REPLACE at every questionable part. I am so happy I changed everything in the end. You guys really helped shape this build into something to be proud of. Without you it may have been half-assed. BIG THANKS and a wiggly finger to all of you!
BK2 @ DBA
What to say about BK2… Thanks for all the troubleshooting, late-night conversations, techy helps, and egging me on as well to do the best I possibly can. This build wouldn’t have been the same without you. I know for a fact my master cylinder wouldn’t have been the same. BIG THANKS!
EVERYONE ELSE @ DBA
I did this build for you! I would be perfectly content to ride a sloppy jalopy, but I figured we all could use a good build thread.
Be prepared for MANY upcoming ride/race reports.
Thanks to EVERYONE for all your kind words, I really appreciate them!
WITH GREAT PLEASURE AND SADNESS… I HERBY END THIS THREAD!
fat+lady+sings.jpg

werd
hCEE7AC63

SRAD97750

Staff member
There will be a separate thread regarding the headlight and the enduro kit I'm building. It deserves a thread of it's own.

Working out all the bugs. Something about separating EVERY part from each other, leads to endless adjustments upon reassembly.
I've got "too-tall" (15X50) sprockets on there, leaving me to fan the clutch at every switchback or sharp corner. I'll throw a 14T on there and get all the crawling done without all the clutch work.
Engine runs great, tires give great feedback and traction. The rear tire may lose a few more PSI before I'm happy with it.
Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXP2uvpzWzg
-BIG DAN:thumb: