Other 1993 Yamaha WR500 Teardown/Overhaul

Hey ass wipe, where have you and your little brother been hiding out? Someone through your asses in jail finally?

Now stop screwing with dans thread.

Carry on Dan....

:moon:

We have been around here. We weren't hiding, just haven't had a lot of time to post.

Oh and keep up the good work Big D! :thumb:

STOP!
Back that shit up, Dan, I love you like a brother :cheers: but you have a "MAJOR" flaw in this BR, (Build Report for all you dumb asses). Look back on all those photos and you will see it. I know your in the house doing the build and can reach them in the refrigerator if needed, but they are best chilled on ice. :prof:

Just how in the hell can you get to the beer with the bike sitting on the fricken cooler? :picard:

:smirk:

STOP!
Back that shit up, Dan, I love you like a brother :cheers: but you have a "MAJOR" flaw in this BR, (Build Report for all you dumb asses). Look back on all those photos and you will see it. I know your in the house doing the build and can reach them in the refrigerator if needed, but they are best chilled on ice. :prof:

Just how in the hell can you get to the beer with the bike sitting on the fricken cooler? :picard:

:smirk:

maybe he couldn't get any beer companies to sponsor the rebuild :noidea: No publicity for you!

SRAD97750

Staff member
New black pillow tops from Pro Taper. Also, the flange bolt I need for the linkage.
001.JPG

Cut off the blue tips. I like short grips and I run barkbusters.
002.JPG

Flange bolt missing.
006.JPG

Flange bolt torqued.
007.JPG

NEW inductance type hardline hour meter. Very trick unit. No splicing involved.
016.JPG

You just loop it around the coil wire and ziptye it to itself. The pulse of the coil can be sensed through the wire due to magnetic inductance.
018.JPG

Ran it through the frame to the other side.
020.JPG

The other end of the wire just tucks/locks into the sealed, waterproof, rugged unit. Mounting is either screws or a great little sticky pad.
021.JPG

Sprocket to be installed. JT520X15T
026.JPG

-BIG DAN:thumb:

I have mixed feelings about the seal savers.... do they keep crap out or hold it in once it gets in???....
I've heard both sides so I never installed my set. :noidea:

I have a long set and have since before the east ride last year. I took them off over the winter, and they are completely spotless underneath and I dont trust the short ones, just an extra wiper and dirt trapper in my mind.