250 1989 Yamaha YZ 250 For Dad

SRAD97750

Staff member
Common for storage when taken apart. I have been wiping everything down... Nothing in the intake or reeds.... carb is cleaned.
New air filter and we're going to keep her clean. :thumb:-BIG DAN

$400 bones is a pretty good deal for that machine. And it appears to be in pretty good shape. With the exception of the missing cross brace on the sub frame. It will server your father for more years than he is able to ride it with you incharge of the maintenance.

SRAD97750

Staff member
The amount of engine oil in the Exhaust has me believing the crank seals are leaking. So I received the LH one and the Flywheel puller!

003.JPG

MY NEW PULLER
002.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

FULL OF ENGINE OIL
013.JPG

015.JPG

NEW SEAL
016.JPG

017.JPG

EDIT: I am awaiting on the RH seal in the mail, :wiggle: When It arrives, we'll actually fix the problem. This LH seal only proved that transmission oil is the issue. Sorry for this misguided post, it was late...
-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I thought if it was sucking gear box oil it was coming from the right hand side not the left????

That's correct, but USPS has only blessed me with the LH seal at this time... Tuesday, the RH seal shows up and I complete the Crank Seal Task. I'll post up when I get to it! -BIG DAN:thumb:

Order a case saver for that case Dan, I picked up my 02 for 600.00 because he didn't have one on and the chain became the lashings to the end of his case. Case halves are not cheap, like Rack. :smirk: