Other 1977 Kawasaki KE250 Enduro

SRAD97750

Staff member
:banana: I found a 1977 KE250 street legal 2T for $100 (asking) with a TITLE.:banana:
This bad boy needed a discontinued Piston, Rings, Pin, Bearing, Clips, Gaskets. Fork seals are also blown. The kid had given up trying to find parts for it. Told me he would even take less than $100. I laughed and gave him the $100 bill and loaded her up.

After 2 weeks of careful eBaying, I found ALL the parts I needed NOS for $145 shipped. :shocked: :banana:
I paid $150 for my WR500 top end kit this year!:prof: EBAY IS KING AGAIN

Reassembled and ignition timing verified, it started 1st kick. :ride:
With 2 heat cycles under it's belt, I straddled my new stead and clicked through all 6 gears down my street. I imagine it will easily merge onto the freeway and go a short distance at 70-75mph with NO problems. (I'd feel weird about constant throttle with a 2T for miles and miles.)
This thing has some great torque and came with the original service manual!
I am excited for my vintage ride and plan on doing some cool RR's before I sell it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cYoSjYgiKE
I have a few assorted badges that came with it. Also I have all the blinkers and license plate. This thing is going to be rad. I'll update as I go!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Just ordered a new tail light cover, oil tank cover, and battery. I should have pictures up tomorrow with the tail light, turn signals, and perhaps a quick ride video. Tomorrow's heat cycles will be slightly more aggressive. I'm still a dancing banana... :banana: -BIG DAN:thumb:

Did anyone else notice how large the exhaust is? It must weigh 45 lbs. But, It' includes a USFS approved spark arrestor:thumb:

nice find!!! :thumb: Sounds like a better find than my KX100 bc I can't sell it for 1100... :foul: That front tire is pretty slick so i'm guessing it was rode on the street or pavement alot... :thumb:

i love this bike, have the same one since last year. i haven't done too much to it since it was in great shape when i got it and bought it for riding around out in the sticks...indiana. i do need a new throttle cable but can't find the right year on ebay. asking if you know if its the same one for earlier years?? good luck on your resto:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Apparently the 250 is a RARE bike in the US. Lots of these eBay parts are from taiwan and other asian islands.

Aaron,
It is a dual cable that splits at the tank. One cable goes to the oil pump output lever, and the other goes to the carburetor. Both have to be fine tuned so that you are opening the throttle and oil pump simultaneously. I have th service manual with pics if you need those fine tuning adjustments. I found it difficult but it works freakin' awesome once adjusted properly.

GREAT BIKE SO FAR. I have done alot to is since the above pics. I guess I should update. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Apparently the 250 is a RARE bike in the US. Lots of these eBay parts are from taiwan and other asian islands.

Aaron,
It is a dual cable that splits at the tank. One cable goes to the oil pump output lever, and the other goes to the carburetor. Both have to be fine tuned so that you are opening the throttle and oil pump simultaneously. I have th service manual with pics if you need those fine tuning adjustments. I found it difficult but it works freakin' awesome once adjusted properly.

GREAT BIKE SO FAR. I have done alot to is since the above pics. I guess I should update. -BIG DAN:thumb:

If it's not tooo much to ask, could you show the oil tank/where you pour it in?

My friend has a KE 100 and thinks that you pour the 2t oil in the tranny and it sucks it in from there:rolleyes:

But somehow there's oil in there(:picard:) and he just premixes the gas. After we tipped the bike to check for oil(a 1981 KE 100, could be a classic, and instead it is abused) and found some he changed his story to THE PO MUST HAVE MODDED IT TO ONLY RUN ON PREMIX

my ass:moon:

Thats a good posibility... My ex g/f had a ke100 (biggest pile of crap ive ever ridden) ... And I converted it to premix only.. I dont remember where the oil tank even was...