1969 Briggs and Stratton Mini Bike Build

Well sorry guys... I messed up. I was working on the mini bike today and did some work to it and completely forgot to get video of it. The work I did requires 24 hours for some high heat silicone to dry so it will have to be tomorrow night so I can get video. Sorry again.

Anyway I cut the air box, since it is only for street use, to get more air flow so the little guy can breath. I also removed the secondary baffle on the exhaust, the main one is still on it though, I guess this has a "super low tone" muffler on it so it needs two baffles. I did remove both of them but it was obnoxiously loud an pretty annoying, so quick steel fixed that. I also wrapped the "header pipe", I guess you can call it, in exhaust wrap just to give it that little extra burn, and for looks. The main thing I did was remove the governor, I did a lot of research before I did this though. There really is no ill effects to removing it, it just makes the motor accelerate faster. I did it the easy way by removing the connecting gear, that way if I don't like It I can easily redo it. That's what takes 24 hours for the liquid gasket to cure. Any way here are the pics. The governor is the yellow gear and the one I removed is the black one. I also removed the fin guard to the cooling fins to get more air flow. I don't know why the pictures are so blurry, I think the batteries in my camera are going dead.

IMG_0315.JPGIMG_0316.JPGIMG_0317.JPGIMG_0318.JPG

Turned out great. What about the forks though? Are you just going to run a rigid suspension up there?

oh yeah, sorry I guess I didnt mention that. The forks are rigid, they wouldn't come apart with any amount tof hitting or heat. That's ok they probably wouldn't have helped that much anyway. It rides awesome since most of the wait is shifted to the back it doesnt really hit bumps that bad and the rear suspension soaks it all up.