125 vs. 250 two-stroke

I am 5'9" 160lbs, 17 years old. I am also a beginner, with very little riding experience...maybe a couple months of riding and racing, but I still like a challenge. I currently have a 07 YZ250F that is in great shape, but I just don't like it. It is too easy to ride and it just seems boring. My form on this bike sucks and I know it, and I always feel like it lets me be lazy. I used to have a little 85 and loved it, which is why I think I'm more of a 2-stroke kind of guy. But I still don't know which one to get. I ride strictly track. What would you suggest?

Proper form comes with being taught whats right and whats wrong, and lots and lots of practice. Nothing wrong with the 4 stroke machines though. However............... It is my experience that in regards to performance the 4 stroke machines "easier" to ride because the do put the power to the ground better with limited gear shifting. Where with a 2 stroke your really working the gear box to keep the engine on the pipe. So in a kinda round about way yes (sorta maybe) a 4 stroke makes you lazy. You really need to pick motor type and stick with it. The 4 stroke vs 2 stroke battles are valid in some ways. But really it boils down to personal preference especially if your just doing out door MX. Now if you were to try to do SX like on a pro level. You would really struggle on a 2T machine. They just dont make enough bottom end power to be competitive on the modern SX tracks.

17 and 5'9", He/you will grow out of a 125 so fast it's not worth it. Jr. is same age and height, didn't even last a month on a 230 4T before bumping to a 250 2T, people that get a 125 wished they had stepped it up to the 250 faster than you think. Why you think I said "throttle control"? :prof:

17 and 5'9", He/you will grow out of a 125 so fast it's not worth it. Jr. is same age and height, didn't even last a month on a 230 4T before bumping to a 250 2T, people that get a 125 wished they had stepped it up to the 250 faster than you think. Why you think I said "throttle control"? :prof:

Im 6'0 170lbs and I love 125's.... Im actually looking to buy one

im 5'8 170+ all geared up, 125 works for me, I do casual(for fun) mx and trail riding, if you think you want more power than your YZ250f go to a 250, if the power is good for you get a 125. If you ride sandy tracks quite a bit, I don't recommend the 125. Also, bare in mind that 2 strokes require rejetting fairly frequently, pretty much every ride, to get the full power out of the bike. It is all a trade off.