What did you do to your bike today?

was the Rek easy to install ? or was it a pain?

Very easy, follow the instructions and your done. But big $$$.

Thanks for the invite! :thumbsdown:

OK, next time I will send you a text. Sorry.... Talked to John today, were you there also? Did you figure out the Carb?

No engine braking on my rm250 anyway. Can't see how this could possibly matter as far as that goes on the YZ 250 motor doesn't either. :noidea:

Yes, the YZ engine breaks when descending down steep hills, clutch engaged in gear.

It was pretty easy to get used to the freewheel effect since I clutch when I brake and pretty much always have. I have only ridden the cr250 a few times with it, but LOVE it. You can run at least 3 teeth less in the back and still creep a little better than the woods gearing already was.

Adam, it just does the clutching for you.

I am not complaining about it, just need to get use to it, when I want it. I free wheel most the downhills anyway from all my mountain biking years. Loving the bike even more now....

No the tranny stays the same. you still have to change gears, it is much like or is like a centrifugal clutch. While the bike idles the clutch is not engaged. As you throttle the bike the clutch spins out and starts putting pressure on the plates.

Disclaimer i didn't watch this video all the way through so I can't swear by the content but he started explaining much like i did.
http://youtu.be/9k1PntCPdP0

oh okay I think I get it now, so you are not able to wrap out your bike while your in gear then? unless you have the manual clutch still. I don't know if id like that I like to clutch my bike, call me crazy I guess. I also have no problem with, what is it called again, engine braking? hahaha :smirk: :P I don't think I could get used to that

oh okay I think I get it now, so you are not able to wrap out your bike while your in gear then? unless you have the manual clutch still. I don't know if id like that I like to clutch my bike, call me crazy I guess. I also have no problem with, what is it called again, engine braking? hahaha :smirk: :P I don't think I could get used to that
you can still wrap out your bike with the override

OK, next time I will send you a text. Sorry.... Talked to John today, were you there also? Did you figure out the Carb?

Yup, I figured it out, thanks! And no my bro didn't come with today as he had other plans.

Rode my scooter this weekend with a buddy out in the desert. Was originally going to go with Big Dan and Jeff but I didn't have enough time to make out there that early. So I did an afternoon ride instead much closer to home. Beginning of ride right before noon, ran into some carb issues on my buddies bike. Called Gary and he diagnosed issue over the phone and told me what to do. I was able to pull the carb off my buddies bike, clean up in there as best as I could and free up the float. Bike ran good for our 4hr ride until dark :ride:

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Took a ride saturday with the boys... I pressed record on the camera, but no files were on the SD card when I got home... :noidea: Can't wait for my new camera...

Anyways, lost my Kick start lever in the first 20 miles, and while bump starting her on flat section, I smacked my knee on the SS pegs... :bleep: Son of a bitch, it is swollen and very sore...
Probably 50 miles of singletrack fun with amazing temps and conditions.

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

001.JPG

56 Hours on the clock since the overhaul, and a top end gasket kit in the mail, I am ready to tear into her and clean her up a bit.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

that fucking bike kinda ruined the fun aspect of racing for me, it was always broken even when the motor wasn't fixing to grenade, I put a whole lot of man hours and money into it, and at the moment I don't feel like doing anything with bikes......