What did you do to your bike today?

Some of you may recall drag race classifications back in the 60's and 70's before "bracket racing" (that form of racing that teaches sand bagging skills like no other!!!). G stock automatic, G stock automatic/altered, G stock automatic modified, G stock with a dead pig in the trunk etc etc etc. So many ways the same car could be reclassified with the air cleaner off and on. One guy got away with putting both the bumpers on the back once in one of the unaltered, unmodified classes. (Convinced the officials that his car indeed had two bumpers just like the factor said, but the rules didnt say they had to be in the place the factory put them. it was as i said allowed once.) Oh well, it was called 'Raisin City Raceway'.

One motor sport's way of trying to increase the amount of competitors. We did it with all the age classifications for awhile in MX.

Had an empty desert all to our selves. Temp 55, wind 5 mph, soil still wet! View attachment 24547View attachment 24549 View attachment 24548
The WR transmission and Rekluse clutch is the awesome set up in the YZ 250, 14/48 gearing she flys.

Awesome Gary!

I've had a ReKluse in my last 3 bikes. The first was the bike i towed you and your husky with out of that canyon in the El Paso's. I don't think I will add one to my next Dual Sport Bike though.

Awesome Gary!

I've had a ReKluse in my last 3 bikes. The first was the bike i towed you and your husky with out of that canyon in the El Paso's. I don't think I will add one to my next Dual Sport Bike though.

This is the first Rek for me, need to get used to NO engine breaking, NO bump starting down hills.
(just might have to tune the 2T to idle :smirk:).
I like how it works, and the WR gears are so much nicer on the YZ. I was pulling off all kinds of stuff I had to clutch before. I think if they would come down in price they would be a better investment. One is all I will ever have for the next three years at that price.
My plan is: Sell everything in three years and have 2 bikes. So far I am leaning towards the 350RR in EFI and the 300RR in 2T. :thumb:

This is the first Rek for me, need to get used to NO engine breaking, NO bump starting down hills.
I like how it works, and the WR gears are so much nicer on the YZ. I was pulling off all kinds of stuff I had to clutch before. I think if they would come down in price they would be a better investment. One is all I will ever have for the next three years at that price.
My plan is: Sell everything in three years and have 2 bikes. So far I am leaning towards the 350RR in EFI and the 300RR in 2T. :thumb:
was the Rek easy to install ? or was it a pain?

you gotta change more than just the clutch plates and friction plates right?

sorry for all the questions im having trouble understanding how the "auto clutch" works..... it says you can manually override the clutch at anytime. so does it automatically shift for you like in an auto tranny car? Or whats the deal with these things?
you gotta change more than just the clutch plates and friction plates right?

sorry for all the questions im having trouble understanding how the "auto clutch" works..... it says you can manually override the clutch at anytime. so does it automatically shift for you like in an auto tranny car? Or whats the deal with these things?
No the tranny stays the same. you still have to change gears, it is much like or is like a centrifugal clutch. While the bike idles the clutch is not engaged. As you throttle the bike the clutch spins out and starts putting pressure on the plates.

Disclaimer i didn't watch this video all the way through so I can't swear by the content but he started explaining much like i did.
http://youtu.be/9k1PntCPdP0

It was pretty easy to get used to the freewheel effect since I clutch when I brake and pretty much always have. I have only ridden the cr250 a few times with it, but LOVE it. You can run at least 3 teeth less in the back and still creep a little better than the woods gearing already was.

Adam, it just does the clutching for you.