What did you do to your bike today?

Beta...
Washed and changed trans and engine oil, due to the conditions of the desert, the air filter was in the same condition as when I cleaned it and installed it (will not need cleaning and/or changed out).

Jr. was "given" a 05 CRF450R from a LAPD LEO dad, neighbor/friend from my moms old house and his kids grew up with Jr. "James" the LEO races for the PD and now has a Kawi 450. Not sure how he did it but he ran an object into the carb body so hard he punctured it it needs a carb and some other odds and ends. So this morning, he and I tore into it and the list is:
Carburetor (complete)
Air filter, cage and nut.
Front number plate (James keeps them)
Not a bad deal
Had ASR do the head/valves at 24.7 hours and it only has 57.4 on the whole bike.

Last edited:
Today:
05 YZ250
Picked up suspenders from Enzo and installed, put bike back together. Also installed kick stand because I am tired of trying to find something to lean it against when we stop for a rest while out riding.
Beta
Pushed it out of the way to get my tools.
CRF450R
Dropped off Jr.'s carb at Tokyo, said they have a center laying around that they will use to rebuild. Getting a price quote in the morning first because I can get one off fleabay for 180.00 then pay for their mod, so if they are cheaper than 400.00 Jr. will be golden. Their prices are: brand new + mod 874 bucks, 199 for their mod, so 400 would be a good price for a body + mod. I think Jr. is going to have just under 600 for the whole bike and he was handed it for free. Oh, and her name is Charlene. LOL

that crf is of the vintage that you can get a higher 3,4,5th gear for. last time i checked with xr's only they still had them and the price wasnt really forbidding. like 5-6

I think he is just going to repair, adjust, and ride the piss out of it. ASR did the cylinder, head, etc. has a black coating on it to keep it cooler. Owner is not the mechanic so no idea if it has steel or ty valves. But I'll keep the gears in mind if he wants desert speed. :thumb:

Today:
05 YZ250
Picked up suspenders from Enzo and installed, put bike back together. Also installed kick stand because I am tired of trying to find something to lean it against when we stop for a rest while out riding.
Beta
Pushed it out of the way to get my tools.
CRF450R
Dropped off Jr.'s carb at Tokyo, said they have a center laying around that they will use to rebuild. Getting a price quote in the morning first because I can get one off fleabay for 180.00 then pay for their mod, so if they are cheaper than 400.00 Jr. will be golden. Their prices are: brand new + mod 874 bucks, 199 for their mod, so 400 would be a good price for a body + mod. I think Jr. is going to have just under 600 for the whole bike and he was handed it for free. Oh, and her name is Charlene. LOL
Kickstand? I just shut the gas off and lay it on her side. With kx250

I know it's about as heavy as you

LOL pretty hard to get heavier than Tungsten too!! What is it they used to tell us about each pound they take out of the pull of the earth's gravity needed about 100 lbs of the fuel they were using?
did they mention anything about VP fuel :smirk: