Thought for the day

so despite some days being really shitty and feeling like selling all the tools I have and never spinning a wrench again, everytime I
find myself searching for a different
job I end up looking at stuff that has
to do with repairing
vehicles.....

You know what the best thing about being a mechanic is?

Nah.......life is short.
I don't know, doing Uhaul roadside I get a lot of "You're my hero!" and the like, of course they don't have to pay for it, but stuff like that is pretty cool. I also like fixing stuff people think can't be fixed.

Like the GMC C6500 that Uhaul has for their biggest trucks, the allison has a tail shaft speed sensor right next to the exhaust, wires get hot, the thin gauge wire that GM uses breaks inside the sheath, transmission quits shifting, guy things transmission is roasted, couple heat shrink connectors and a new plug and the truck rolls out.....

I don't know, doing Uhaul roadside I get a lot of "You're my hero!" and the like, of course they don't have to pay for it, but stuff like that is pretty cool. I also like fixing stuff people think can't be fixed.

Like the GMC C6500 that Uhaul has for their biggest trucks, the allison has a tail shaft speed sensor right next to the exhaust, wires get hot, the thin gauge wire that GM uses breaks inside the sheath, transmission quits shifting, guy things transmission is roasted, couple heat shrink connectors and a new plug and the truck rolls out.....

Yeah........well don't get me wrong, I'm pretty good at what I do, and that is a good feeling, I like the challenge of " well it's been to 3 other shops and nobody can fix it" jobs, but after about 30 years and all the money and time I have to invest in for tools and training on the new technology, which by the way seems to have increased more in the last 5 years than the last 20 before that. The rewards don't seem to match the effort.

Yeah........well don't get me wrong, I'm pretty good at what I do, and that is a good feeling, I like the challenge of " well it's been to 3 other shops and nobody can fix it" jobs, but after about 30 years and all the money and time I have to invest in for tools and training on the new technology, which by the way seems to have increased more in the last 5 years than the last 20 before that. The rewards don't seem to match the effort.
I guess now would be a bad time to tell you about OBDIII.

I guess now would be a bad time to tell you about OBDIII.

I fuckin heard, gotta buy new scan tools, cables or whatever. I just put a 1500 dollar update on mine last month.
The speed of how the individual modules talk with each other will be such that only a laptop will be able to communicate with it, probably gonna be wifi or somthing like that, all I know is it's all Obama's fucking fault.

I fuckin heard, gotta buy new scan tools, cables or whatever. I just put a 1500 dollar update on mine last month.
The speed of how the individual modules talk with each other will be such that only a laptop will be able to communicate with it, probably gonna be wifi or somthing like that, all I know is it's all Obama's fucking fault.
I heard the Crusades were his fault too. I don't personally know the fella, but he sure does make a mess of things.

I heard the Crusades were his fault too. I don't personally know the fella, but he sure does make a mess of things.

You heard wrong.....the crusades were George W. Bush's fault, actually if you listen to our fearless leader, so was global warming,high gas prices, the federal deficit, the 78 ny city blackout, watergate, the great depression, custards last stand, and the reason all the dinosaurs were wiped out.

You heard wrong.....the crusades were George W. Bush's fault, actually if you listen to our fearless leader, so was global warming,high gas prices, the federal deficit, the 78 ny city blackout, watergate, the great depression, custards last stand, and the reason all the dinosaurs were wiped out.
but what about volkswagon using bolts rather than lug studs?