The Guns Thread

Ok. So what do they call a soldier who qualifies as an Army Marksman?

a POG. :smirk:

I would just say marksman. I think it comes down to just being clear when people say expert marksman. If you say someone is an Expert... expert what? Everyone knows what marksman and sharpshooter means but expert can mean a ton. We're looking way to much into this :lol:

Pretty clear in the shooting world that "Expert" is an earned certification. And the post where the person posting claimed to be an "expert shooter", is quite proper even if the language doesn't sound so proper to the people who don't understand the difference in the classifications of "expert" vs "marksman".

Nice. How do you like the new Marlins? I have a glock 34 that I shoot at steel targets and love it. Oddly it doesnt work at all with my wife's lighter grip. (upon ejection the shell doesnt clear the bolt and gets trapped, usually facing open end up.) I don't know if it needs a gunsmith or just a stronger grip. I liked the 17's forever but the newer generation is more like my 1911's in the grip and just feels more at home to me.

I'm new here so I only went back about 10 pages so far but anyone ever try the conversion barrels in Glocks?I have a lonewolf 9mm barrel but have not tried it yet.
CAM00017.jpg CAM00016.jpg .40sw and then with the 9mm lonewolf conversion barrel
CAM00004.jpg CAM00006.jpg CAM00013.jpg
A scary black gun with a GoPro on the side.:jawdrop: CMMG MK4 5.56

Last edited:
Its kinda strange we have"relaxed"gun laws because R.I. is a very small state and all of the bordering states have strict rules.Its only a matter of time.I honestly have never even filled the extended AR mag all the way.I only load about 10 rounds at a time but I should still be allowed to have it.

Last edited:
Its kinda strange we have"relaxed"gun laws because R.I. is a very small state and all of the bordering states have strict rules.Its only a matter of time.I honestly have never even filled the extended AR mag all the way.I only load about 10 rounds at a time but I should still be allowed to have it.