The Guns Thread

Aa
A well regulated militia would in my opinion needs to armed as well as its surroundings.
Reading back before The Revolutionary War, one of the biggest complaints the colonists had about the British was that the colonists could only buy from the Brits, could not make their own weapons or ammunition, and couldn't have the very latest designs that companies like enfield were selling to the royals. Most of the people who are against the latest auto loaders whine "but the founding fathers never foresaw these kinds of rifles" don't realize that is exactly what the "fathers" were trying to do. (Keep things equal between the citizens and the government.)

Last edited:
Aa
Reading back before The Revolutionary War, one of the biggest complaints the colonists had about the British was that the colonists could only buy from the Brits, could not make their own weapons or ammunition, and couldn't have the very latest designs that companies like enfield were selling to the royals. Most of the people who are against the latest auto loaders whine "but the founding fathers never foresaw these kinds of rifles" don't realize that is exactly what the "fathers" were trying to do. (Keep things equal between the citizens and the government.)
yep everyone should know that "The Right to Bear Arms" wasn't meant to protect you from criminals it was to protect yourself from the government should they over step their bounds....:thinking:

This is what needs to be taught in our schools,The real reason for the 2nd amendment
Our founding fathers,the architects of our great constitution,lived with a tyrannic government so they knew the danger of an out of control government,they lived and experienced tyranny everyday.

Some of the schools end up teaching using quotes from ex-President Bill Clinton and his three times used quote of "you don't need that to hunt ducks". Gathering food was never the impetus for the second amendment as Slow states correctly and succinctly.

Related thoughts and a recent reminder from a now retired police captain is that "you can't expect the police to protect you from murder. The amount of policemen on the street has never had a big impact on murder statistics." Thinking about that reminded me that most people probably don't see that.

yep everyone should know that "The Right to Bear Arms" wasn't meant to protect you from criminals it was to protect yourself from the government should they over step their bounds....:thinking:

And when the assholes in our government try to take em from us, I spose we know what's next.

And when the assholes in our government try to take em from us, I spose we know what's next.
Probably nothing!! The majority of the people especially the white people have become a bunch of pussies. Look at what we do when a bunch of black people threaten our safety. Nothing. We let little crowds of rioting blacks destroy cities and businesses and we stand by and watch. What do you think we would do if the government with all of their armed forces where to blow into town?

hey jackson calm down. The majority of people,good honest people,who work pay taxes ,raise families can't behave like those rioters.It's not how we were raised to act.
It would be diferent if they were busting doors down or were hurting innocent people,believe me and my neighbors would not let that happen.
They can only try and chip away at the 2nd ammendment.Thats why it's important to stand up now and fight for your rights before they are gone.

Probably nothing!! The majority of the people especially the white people have become a bunch of pussies. Look at what we do when a bunch of black people threaten our safety. Nothing. We let little crowds of rioting blacks destroy cities and businesses and we stand by and watch. What do you think we would do if the government with all of their armed forces where to blow into town?

You may be right for the most part, but it might be a different story when they get up here and try to confiscate our guns. I'm not sure they wanna mess with the gun owners up here.

hey jackson calm down. The majority of people,good honest people,who work pay taxes ,raise families can't behave like those rioters.It's not how we were raised to act.
It would be diferent if they were busting doors down or were hurting innocent people,believe me and my neighbors would not let that happen.
They can only try and chip away at the 2nd ammendment.Thats why it's important to stand up now and fight for your rights before they are gone.
I guess you forgot the riot in CA when they pulled the innocent truck driver from his truck and beat him half to death? And relax I am one of decent hard working people that pay taxes that you're talking about but I am about fed up with it. I live in the country so I don't see any of them ever coming to break my door down or a riot happening outside my home but if there was trust me I have my own protection and will not hesitate to use it.

Two injustices there. A guy with half a dozen arrests makes an attempt to allude. Then the police in most opinions over react. Innocent truck driver gets pulled out of his cab and as stated was nearly killed in front of lots if approving bystanders. But which one passes the press induced memory test?

As Steve notes, there is a different attitude up here than urban America.

Two injustices there. A guy with half a dozen arrests makes an attempt to allude. Then the police in most opinions over react. Innocent truck driver gets pulled out of his cab and as stated was nearly killed in front of lots if approving bystanders. But which one passes the press induced memory test?

As Steve notes, there is a different attitude up here than urban America.

You guys help each other and need each other to survive that rugged country... God bless ya

I've gotta get me one of these

Edit.....ok I just checked this out further, guess it does not fire the 30 mm round, even though it's implied and the gun goes for 40k and comes with 90 rounds that cannot be bought seperately so either collect the brass and reload, or buy a new gun for another 40 k.....maybe I'll pass.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I guess so far I am the only one in my crowd who just doesn't get "big" pistols. Not that I dont want one of the above fully functional. Something that will fire 50 BMG or something would suffice.

FYI the EAA Witness Pavona I recently bought for my wife cycles the Buffalo bore hot loads as well as other self defense hollow points just fine. Did it warm and cold (over night in 12 deg f) and warmed up. Fired the 13 round clip over and over without fail. It is easy for weaker hands to rack rounds into than anything else I have. Not really small enough to be considered for deep concealment but that was not it's purpose. so far this one bears left just a little bit (sights are drift adjustable). Very nice considering it's price.

Last edited: