Jos is looking for a mx bike

If you are looking for mx just make sure you can deal with their rear suspension. I really like it everywhere except for the kind of mx tracks I see. for my riding though, I would be more likely to by that than the yzf.
I rode my 200exc on the track without issue! :thumb:

Oh you can probably ride one on a flattrack without issue too. I know i have done similar. But I took you to mean that you were looking for one for the primary purpose of mx, and in most cases year to year, size to size if you want to find something that is better for mx you will probably end up buying one with mx settings to start with. Heck we used to convert lots of things though. Short way and long way to get anywhere, I suppose.

Oh you can probably ride one on a flattrack without issue too. I know i have done similar. But I took you to mean that you were looking for one for the primary purpose of mx, and in most cases year to year, size to size if you want to find something that is better for mx you will probably end up buying one with mx settings to start with. Heck we used to convert lots of things though. Short way and long way to get anywhere, I suppose.
I agree…..for me the 3 biggest differences between a trail bike (EXC) and mx is suspension, gear box (close ratio) and weight in that order. but it depends how serious you are, and you can make anything go round the track, just basically boils down to riding style.

Last edited:
Im guessing
50 percent woods
25 percent desert
25 percent mx

I am keeping my plated bike too, so I want this to be more of a bike I can hit tracks with if I want.

It's actually pretty common... posers
that sounds great and all. But, did that Poser know how to ride? Did he ride the limiter long and or how often? I would hate to buy it just to have it go snap crackle pop. As soon as you got on the gas hard during a ride. You know what I mean.