Finally exercising again.

Today I hit my personal goal! I am officially under 2bills. Exactly what I was looking to do. Over
30 lbs less than July 4th 2013.

Yes, I am stoked!!!
:thumb: That is awesome! I was set to drop 20lbs by T-Day and I was 1.5 pounds short. I then set after another 5lbs for new years (would be a total of 25lbs) and I was 1.5lbs short. I am currently 1lb over where I wanted to be, but I have stopped my exercise routine for the last month with my new job venture. Got out and hiked 4 miles Sat with my manger and that felt great. Will get out and MTB this week again, so I hope to keep going.

Can I ask what you guy's use to get you motivated before and durring a workout. I am searching for ideas to get motivated. I need it cuz I work 10hr days. and durring the winter months I am snowed in. I have to stay away from workingout free weights. I bulk-up and that is not what I want to do. This is what happens when I workout with my boys. Even if I use light weight with higher reps. So I'm looking into doing cardio. But, need the extra motivation to get going.

Does anyone here jog or do any cardio? Actually for those of you who do run or jog. What did you do to get started? What distance did you start at? Was it a half mile or mile?

I run. When I was training for lapd I was up to around 4 miles a day roughly. Start small and slow. Most people will try to go out and kill them selves. So they end up getting shinsplints or hurting their muscles. Slow and small is your best bet. If your trying to get your heart rate going, do wind sprints, Travis is the person you wanna talk to about loosing weight if your going that route too

Last edited:
500 start with 1-2 miles keep there for a couple of weeks, run every other day. I f you can run on non pavement it is much easier on you. Good Luck!

Get fitted with a good pair of running shoes at a running store.

Spin bike is also good cardio easier on your legs

Last edited:
I was running 4 miles a day last year. Kinda got out of the habit and now getting back into it. I run about 2 miles about 3 days a week now. I got started by running until I couldn't anymore, then walk until I catch my breath. Each day you'll do a little better until you get to the point where you don't have to stop then just slowly increase your distance.

I was running 4 miles a day last year. Kinda got out of the habit and now getting back into it. I run about 2 miles about 3 days a week now. I got started by running until I couldn't anymore, then walk until I catch my breath. Each day you'll do a little better until you get to the point where you don't have to stop then just slowly increase your distance.

Run Forest Run!