RM125 79 rm125 project

I had some trouble attempting to remove the springs from the shocks. I'm gonna get some hose clamps on there and collapse them. Yes...garage engineering! Then remove em. I just hope I don't jack the red when I have to re install them.

Hahaha Niceee.......

I've been mastering my rattle can skillz the last few years... You can amaze people how well a paint job can come out if you prep and paint correctly.
Very true. Painting is all about preparation. The main key is using the proper primer for the application. Although some surfaces don't really need primer if they are scuffed up enough. The project is coming together nicely. I'm very happy with the way its looking so far

very true. I have a (small) painting company, and although I paint houses, hotels, and offices, the point to press is the same- a perfect paint finish relies on a flawless prep job. <br><br>
can't wait to see the finished rm125 mobile.... jk! haha

very true. I have a (small) painting company, and although I paint houses, hotels, and offices, the point to press is the same- a perfect paint finish relies on a flawless prep job. <br><br>
can't wait to see the finished rm125 mobile.... jk! haha
Same here. I have my own company as well. Small. That's were most of my paint experience comes from. Other half is just experiments.

Well... got it back together. Having carburetor problems. I think its gunked up somewhere. I took it off and I'm gonna soak it in some Carb cleaner overnight and try again tomorrow. Or better yet. I can clean it and blow some air through it with the compressor.

Well... got it back together. Having carburetor problems. I think its gunked up somewhere. I took it off and I'm gonna soak it in some Carb cleaner overnight and try again tomorrow. Or better yet. I can clean it and blow some air through it with the compressor.
take it completely apart, and clean each piece individually.. you should be able to hold each jet up and see light and or be able to blow through em. id still soak everything, but I wouldn't rely on that to clean the whole thing. just remember where everything goes to prevent any problems putting it back together... I used to take pictures just to be on the safe side :thumb:

Thanks man. I went out there while it was dark. Took out the plug to see the spark. It was arcing onto the head and frame. Only intermittently to the plug. So it looks like i need to replace the plug wires. I might as well replace both while Im at it.

As for the Carb. It was clean. Nothing blocked. I'm glad I took it apart... now I understand how it operates. I'll clean it up and get it back on there tomorrow.