RM125 79 rm125 project

Quick opinion from my minions...how much $ would you throw at this before you consider it not worth it?

Depends on who you are.... Myself- I'd never stop :lol: .... I've been building up my 94RM250 for like 15 months now... And i HEAPS of cash in it :smirk:

Id only build it if you really really like/want he bike/project. You could get a much better perfoming bike for much cheaper.
I'm definitely a gear head and would love to get this thing lookin slick. I found a Suzuki on Craigslist for $850. But I'm not sure what model or size it is. I definitely like the look of an old skool bike. I know I'll want something faster once I get used to this one :cool:

Quick opinion from my minions...how much $ would you throw at this before you consider it not worth it?
It all depends on if you intend on keeping the bike or selling it, if you are selling it put the minimum into it to get it running and looking decent, if you plan on keeping you gotta decide if you want it to run, or run and look good

It all depends on if you intend on keeping the bike or selling it, if you are selling it put the minimum into it to get it running and looking decent, if you plan on keeping you gotta decide if you want it to run, or run and look good
A good analogy is an old muscle car. I'm gonna keep this bad boy and make it nice and beautiful. Its not like these are a dime a dozen. Only thing that bothers me is availability of parts. Damn...I can't wait to start workin on it. I'll have it lookin way different by the end of the week for sure.

That chains def on wrong :eek:... It should be through the guide on top of the roller
Get that thing fixed up and start hittin some vintage races!

Well...I got some good ol chemicals from the local auto parts shop. Carb cleaner and engine degreaser. Gonna grab some ATF tomorrow as well. Got some satin black spray and I'll more than likely grab some red too. Gonna wrench for most of the day tomorrow and I'll post pics along the way. :D
Oh yeah. Gonna take the carburetor off and make sure it isn't gunky as well.

Ha ha. Thanks for being just as excited as I am. I removed the seat, rear fender and side plastic. I just found out that genius that owned this before me decided to lop off the mounting bracket for the left side plastic. Soooo... I need to fabricate a bracket out of some mild flat stock steel and get another side plastic. Although I'm planning on replacing them all anyways. Next I'm gonna remove the Carb and exhaust. Clean em up. Paint the exhaust with some heat resistant spray. I have a case full of stainless hardware as well so I'll replace what I can. Gonna head to the local motorsport shop(my new candy store) try on a helmet to get my size and see what parts they may or may not have. Oh yeah...drool over the bikes they have there too. :D

I just picked up another new toy last night too. Colt m4 ops .22 so I'm torn about what I want to do. For now since I'm waiting on some shootin buddies...wrenchin on the bike :wink: