RM125 79 rm125 project

I'm new to the dirt ridin scene. I've had an old 79 for a while and have never thought much about it. It was given to me and I just wasn't into spending money on it. It really needs some tlc which I'm gonna toss at it for sure. I've looked around the net for fender replacements and found the front and rear fender in black. Which is perfect. I couldn't find the main frame cover plastics anywhere and was wondering if anyone knew where to pick some parts ups. The choke lever on the Carb also broke off and I need another one of those as well. Thanks for your help ahead of time :wink:

I'm new to the dirt ridin scene. I've had an old 79 for a while and have never thought much about it. It was given to me and I just wasn't into spending money on it. It really needs some tlc which I'm gonna toss at it for sure. I've looked around the net for fender replacements and found the front and rear fender in black. Which is perfect. I couldn't find the main frame cover plastics anywhere and was wondering if anyone knew where to pick some parts ups. The choke lever on the Carb also broke off and I need another one of those as well. Thanks for your help ahead of time :wink:

ayeee winky winkerson

IMG_20120401_124739.jpg

IMG_20120401_124746.jpg

IMG_20120401_124753.jpg

IMG_20120401_120215.jpg

There she is. I've got quite a bit of work ahead of me. It does run. I didn't have a lot of time to tinker with it. When I attempted to start it. It was flooding. Took out the plug to make sure I was getting spark...and shocked myself. At that point I knew there was spark there :cool: plastics are in bad condition bike is dirty. Gunked up and I need to get some new seals on the forks and change the gear case fluid. What fluid am I supposed to use in there? I've read to use 10-40 weight motor oil but that struck me as odd.

She is fly, Sir.
Why thank you very much. I'm gonna get some more elbow grease into it this coming weekend so I'll post more pics once I'm done. I've got a lot to clean up. I'm sure more parts to replace once I get it out on the dirt. I'll be replacing that garage engineered pipe in the back too. Previous owner used 3/4" conduit :D

Why thank you very much. I'm gonna get some more elbow grease into it this coming weekend so I'll post more pics once I'm done. I've got a lot to clean up. I'm sure more parts to replace once I get it out on the dirt. I'll be replacing that garage engineered pipe in the back too. Previous owner used 3/4" conduit :D

that silencer is pretty ridiculous, but she looks pretty whole. Good luck :thumb: Ebay is your friend

Nice!! .. That thing is bad to the bone. Probably need to tear the carb completly down and clean it. Alot of 2stroke guys run ATF (Automatic transmission fluid) in the gear box. But you can run 10-40 in it also (Just no synthetics)

Yeah ridiculous silencer. You hit the nail on the head.
As for the car wash. I'm gonna go with the engine degreaser and my good ol pressure washer. One of my buddies also told me to tear the Carb apart and clean it. I'm gonna have to find a choke lever pretty soon or go ahead and fabricate something to make it work. Thanks for the heads up about the fluids. I'll more than likely run some 10-40 in there.