RM125 79 rm125 project

IMG_20120406_185517.jpg

IMG_20120406_185522.jpg

Here's my progress at the end of today. I ran out of daylight. I only worked on it for a few hours. More tomorrow. Gotta get some high heat rattlecans

I want it :(
You want the bike?

I love it but I want something that I can find parts for easily. Plus. I wanna ride. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen soon for me. I made a lot or progress today by taking off the Carb. I'm gonna try and start it tomorrow. Chain was gunked to hell too. The bike is in good shape for the age though.

I decided to name this... Project BlackWidow. When I removed the fuel tank today. I found a black widow hangin out. Hence the name. The bike will be painted mostly black with red accents. Its gonna look sharp.

Awesome project Inky-D:thumb: I'll definitely be following!
Wow...thanks! I thought this would be one of those lost threads. I'll have more progress today. I'm gonna grab some replacement fenders but I'll be spraying these ones black for now. I can't stand the faded yellow.

I tried to replace that broken choke lever yesterday and the parts guy told me I'd have to replace the whole Carb. A little ridiculous but I guess not too crazy with the age of my fossilbike :rolleyes::D

Here's today's progress. The bike is starting to look good now. Amazing what some elbow grease and paint will do.
IMG_20120407_192440.jpg

IMG_20120407_191732.jpg

Here's the mock up with front and rear fenders and the tank.
IMG_20120407_194248.jpg

Tomorrow I'm goin out shootin so I'll see how much I can get done tomorrow. Possibly get the exhaust back on and start her up. Going to remove the springs from the shocks and paint them black. Then spray the springs red.

wow, that things lookin mean! what kind of paint is that? that tank looks like you sprayed it with a gun :thumb:
No gun. Good ol krylon. Ive been around the painting scene since i was 16. Sand. Prime. Prime. Prime. Paint. Paint. Paint again for good measure.

You ever think about spray painting it all black :shocked:....

If you put a bat man emblem on it.. .................. :ban:

all black. No. I'm not Batman. Nor will I wear the bat suit when I'm riding.

Did a ink storm hit your bike :shocked:

Ink storm... yes. Inkdaddy slammed it all day long! They don't call me inkdaddy just for my ink! :D

Hahaha Niceee.......

I've been mastering my rattle can skillz the last few years... You can amaze people how well a paint job can come out if you prep and paint correctly.