Y Z 250, is the best all around bike!

I had my wife on a Arctic Cat 400 4X4 Auto at one time in her life, she really didn't like it. I took her on a fire road with a CRF150 F and she aimed at every rock and gully and would not get her momentum up to keep it strait. funny, she loves to ride the beach cruiser at the beach or park but put a motor on it and it's a different story. I am just happy she doesn't mind the kids and I leaving her behind. However, she loves this:
IMG_0064.JPG
Air conditioning, leather seats, rock sliders, skid plate, OME 4" suspension, bumpers/winch, etc, etc.
IMG_0974.JPG
DSC01410.JPG
Wait, I thought this was the YZ thread.

Nice and clean. I take it that you have not tried out the suspension? Or is it what you had before the tear down? If it is the same suspension set-up how does it feel? I mean do you like it. Could you give more info on who did the forks?

Pitpro did the forks for the previous owner, he was same build/weight as me, I messed with the clickers for my personal preference and riding. He was a track rider, I am not. They are in need of a service now because it has been almost two years. I like it, works good, probably have RG3 redo them because they are just up the street from where I work and have done three others for me with great success.

I have a hard time trying to choose which shop I want to do my suspension. MX-Tech has worked closely with Aj Waggoner on the set-up for the CR500af. Then I have always wanted Ohlins suspension. Or at least have them valve my forks and shock.

I have a couple of sets of KYB's with the Yamaha specs. They weren't thinking of me with the bottoming cones. I have a set of 47's off a Honda on one of the big bore 125's that suits me better. I think on my next yz project I am going to get some of the newer 48's and at least for the forseeable future scrap having anyone work them over. I haven't felt it was money that was that well spent for me.

Damn, I just read through this and loved it all over again. Motor is on the bench with WR gears waiting for the head to return from a new plating. Yum Yum....

DSC01635.JPG

Last edited:
Palmer, what gears from a WR do you need? seems like a good mod for a desert yz if you can add some top speed without taking away from 1st.