Working conditions

My work area spreads to multiple buildings.

Here's the DBA room. :devil:
View attachment 2201

These are the shop part of my building.
View attachment 2199
View attachment 2194
The back fabricating section.
View attachment 2193
My ORANGE work time scooter on the left. :ride:
View attachment 2198

Bringing these back from the dead was the latest project.

View attachment 2191

View attachment 2186

Don't adjust your set, this is Sandblast, nastiest place here.
View attachment 2197

View attachment 2202

This was last year, burn off oven, and cover.
View attachment 2195
The new to us, 100 HP compressor. We got a $3500 deal, and have spent $12k on it since. :smirk:
View attachment 2196
The waste water station was my first project there 9 years ago.

View attachment 2187

The rest are random line shots of burners, control panels, and washers.
View attachment 2190

View attachment 2189
View attachment 2188

OK....
1) You need a couple more MCMaster-Carr and Grainger catalogs stacked up on your desk...:P
2) You need to perofmr a "5s" activity in your shop.....I see a lot of waste lying around! :prof:
3) Where is everybody, looks like a ghost town...:smirk:

So what kind of parts do you guys coat? the black frames look like the safety nets/nerf bars for quads...:thinking:

OK....
1) You need a couple more MCMaster-Carr and Grainger catalogs stacked up on your desk...:P
2) You need to perofmr a "5s" activity in your shop.....I see a lot of waste lying around! :prof:

So what kind of parts do you guys coat? the black frames look like the safety nets/nerf bars for quads...:thinking:
Damn QA people, I was thinking the samething...:lol:

It's a pretty big powder coater. 7 production lines, 9 forklifts, 5 delivery trucks, and we are the landlord for 4-6 tenants, and I fix and install everything.

Maintenance man? Nice!! That's me too, only I do it with computers. I tried to explain that to the CEO one day he ask me why I never do anything. I said you don't want me working. If I am working then that means something is broke. If something is broke then production is not working and you ain't making money. LOL!!! he was like good point, keep doing what you're doing.

Do you guys powder coat any and everything or a fixed product?

Can you powder coat little stuff Timo - like frames, fasteners etc.?

Anything that would fit in the oven Nedge. The largest oven we have is 9 x 10 x 40.

OK....

#1 Only 1 Grainger, but yes 2 McMaster Carrs. :finger:
#2 I'm under staffed to get everything done. I'm in the middle of the waste removal, so all the drums are in the shop, well, not now.
#3 It's lunch time, I didn't want to get asked why I was taking pictures. :busted:
And those parts are door frames for side by sides. You'd be amazed at the shitload of those things we coat .

Damn QA people, I was thinking the samething...:lol:

I find it funny that the QA position is empty. :banana:

Maintenance man? Nice!! That's me too, only I do it with computers. I tried to explain that to the CEO one day he ask me why I never do anything. I said you don't want me working. If I am working then that means something is broke. If something is broke then production is not working and you ain't making money. LOL!!! he was like good point, keep doing what you're doing.

Do you guys powder coat any and everything or a fixed product?

We are a job shop, as in coat anything, for anyone. :thumb:

I had a emergency call about all equipment going down at line 1 Friday night. Saturday AM, I found that the main panel breaker took a crap, and needed replaced, I did the totally unsafe act in hardwiring straight on to the buss bars, but they were able to run Saturday, while I found a replacement to install Saturday night. The reason for the post, is look at what I found when I yanked the old breaker out.
005.jpg

Poor guy never had a chance.
006.jpg

He was more then a little crispy. :smirk:
007.jpg

Here's the proof that I graduated from Walt Disney U.
012.jpg

All fixed Saturday night, ready for the crew Monday.
013.jpg

More shots of line 1.
Parts ready to enter the booth.
016.jpg

Lead coater station
015.jpg

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 53
oddly enough the girl that cuts my hair once said I looked very familiar turns out I framed her parents house... and she handed me a pic....

from left to right Tyler, myself, my youngest brother Dino, Steve and my lead guy Jim.....

4-2-2011 2;14;07 PM.jpg