Woooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Agility and breaking are important, but reading the minds of the drivers surrounding you is the only thing that keeps you alive on the street. I spend a large percentage of my attention trying my best to anticipate the actions of the other drivers. It has saved me on many an occasion. You have to pretend that everyone is out to kill you because in the end that is the actual situation.

One nice thing about a supermoto or dirt bike on the street is that it does increase your options. Dirt suspension can go over a curb at high speed. A street bike not so much.

Agility and breaking are important, but reading the minds of the drivers surrounding you is the only thing that keeps you alive on the street. I spend a large percentage of my attention trying my best to anticipate the actions of the other drivers. It has saved me on many an occasion. You have to pretend that everyone is out to kill you because in the end that is the actual situation.

One nice thing about a supermoto or dirt bike on the street is that it does increase your options. Dirt suspension can go over a curb at high speed. A street bike not so much.
Very true statement above. My Duc and a curb would not mesh very well together. Hell, I have to back the truck up to the wall in my front yard against the grass so I can just barely clear the carbon fiber body pan when unloading it out onto the lawn.

In other words...the ultimate in defensive driving!!! :thumb: Not being a street rider I can't relate however I did ride a friends bike a few times around the block and it was an eye opening experience. Just those few times had me suckin cotton thru my ass! :shocked:

:thumb: roost for you when i spread some around.

You have to ride like every one is trying to kill you!! They do not see you:prof:

That PLUS the fact that they don't bother to look for you. M/C riders don't registar in the minds of people that don't ride or have an interested in riding therefore they don't bother to take that second glance! BE SAFE and good luck out there! :thumb:

BTW im not getting my MC license so i can go ride around town. IM getting it cause the LAW tells me i have to or else i pay out the ass cause of a ticket. Even if i get a D/S im still gonna be loading the bike in the truck for spots.

Hey Lovestrucks - just my opinion but, a SM bike like you are looking at will be a whole lot more nimble (hence safer) than a streeter..

yeah, that's the angle i'm tryin to convince my dad with

wooooooooooohoooooooo for me as well... passed my written first try :thumb:

congrats :thumb:

yeah, many options and more possibilities than a full on street bike

BTW im not getting my MC license so i can go ride around town. IM getting it cause the LAW tells me i have to or else i pay out the ass cause of a ticket. Even if i get a D/S im still gonna be loading the bike in the truck for spots.

:thumb:

Hey girl,
Supermoto = Great comuter bike for the smaller crowed.
When riding on the street remember 99% of drivers in a cage are thinking about were they are going and fiddling with shit in the cage, They just don't see us.
On a bike, remember 100% of your focus is to arive at your destination in one piece. Keep an eye on all the probables in your vision. If you have the time, take the MSF and the advanced course. At your age it is still only 150.00 bucks and teaches survival skills.
Have your dad PM me with his # about the SM if he stuborn.

Hey girl,
Supermoto = Great comuter bike for the smaller crowed.
When riding on the street remember 99% of drivers in a cage are thinking about were they are going and fiddling with shit in the cage, They just don't see us.
On a bike, remember 100% of your focus is to arive at your destination in one piece. Keep an eye on all the probables in your vision. If you have the time, take the MSF and the advanced course. At your age it is still only 150.00 bucks and teaches survival skills.
Have your dad PM me with his # about the SM if he stuborn.

Cool I'll definitely look into the class.

At this point I think he is warming up a little to the idea of a SM(converting the 400 DS to a SM) cuz our mechanic has one and was just talkin it up of how awesome they are. Now I think it is just the fact of how we got this bike.....long story short my parents co-signed for my cuz and her bf they only made 2 payments and then he lost his job and basically bailed out on paying for it..he crashed it and brought it to the shop (which is also a stupid shop) and we basically took the bike back from the shop and now the bike is fully under our name and we are having to cover the payments....stupid kid put lojack on the damn bike and total financed cost with an extended warranty etc. was like 11K :jawdrop::eek::eek: the bike isn't even worth that much!!! so who knows that's why we are trying to sell it, and my parents don't wanna walk away and have it ruin their credit so we're stuck with the bike.

That's why I'm tryin to turn it around and make it a little positive and I can take it over so someone is actually riding it then just having it sit in our garage. I was lookin at the KLX250SF or the wr250 sm but those are like as much as the 400 so I might as well put the money into that cuz we already have it so it'll be a little cheaper and I could even ride it on the freeway if I had too

That sucks about the co-sign stuff and price for a 400. One thing for sure is that the 400-cc will be a good bike and you will grow into it. The 250-cc's will leave you begging for more. Motostrano has good prices on rims, motorcyclesuperstore has great prices on tubes and tires. The kouba link will drop it as long as you can drop the forks. You should also do the front rotor conversion also. The 230-mm rotor is not a great stopper compared to the 320-mm. I ride a SM610 and love the dam thing. In fact, I have not hit the tarmac for some time now. But I get to ride it to work tomorrow. :banana: :banana: Good luck on the conversion and sizing. The MSF is the way to go. It also is the substitute for the ride test at DMV. :ride:

That sucks about the co-sign stuff and price for a 400. One thing for sure is that the 400-cc will be a good bike and you will grow into it. The 250-cc's will leave you begging for more. Motostrano has good prices on rims, motorcyclesuperstore has great prices on tubes and tires. The kouba link will drop it as long as you can drop the forks. You should also do the front rotor conversion also. The 230-mm rotor is not a great stopper compared to the 320-mm. I ride a SM610 and love the dam thing. In fact, I have not hit the tarmac for some time now. But I get to ride it to work tomorrow. :banana: :banana: Good luck on the conversion and sizing. The MSF is the way to go. It also is the substitute for the ride test at DMV. :ride:

Yeah my dad did the MSF and that helped with insurance too...my school sanctions it on the weekends too and I know a few people who have gone through it and easily passed. I've been lookin on motostrano they got some cool stuff...i'd really like to look into doing a front end conversion cuz the DS has telescoping forks, and not the inverted ones...I'd need new stock forks/triple clamps and all the new rims/tires etc and wanna be able to figure out what i can take off like passenger pegs cuz i can't drive a passenger anyway right now, rear fender kit to make it clean lookin, some LED signals etc....also our mechanic who has the 400 SM is real tight with the local Suzuki dealer so I might be able to get a discount if he buys the stuff for me and then I pay him:banana:

my certificate for passing teh MSP class came.. went to DMV today and now waiting for the new license that shows i am M1 endorced to arrive in the mail :thumb:

whoooooo.... now who has a street legal bike i can use ??

my certificate for passing teh MSP class came.. went to DMV today and now waiting for the new license that shows i am M1 endorced to arrive in the mail :thumb:

whoooooo.... now who has a street legal bike i can use ??
Great Job Travace. I have a bike you can buy....
R11.jpg

:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk: