Women and Dirt Bikes? Whats the deal?

Many girls/woman ride smaller bikes for obvious reasons, their build. I think where they choose to ride is based on what they are exposed to, and is what they prefer. Also riding at a track you can load up and be safer if your riding alone. I prefer combining my riding with nature, thus trail riding. Nothing better then exploring different types of terrain. Shutting down your bike in a place that is far away from everything and was a little bit of a workout to get to. You take a break, take it all in, the scenery, the smells, the sounds of nature with views. Being in nature replinishes my soul. It sounds corny but it is such a great feeling. I come back so much more relaxed. Im happily and physically spent. Driving out to ride often Im pumped and keyed up from stress. Coming home Im totally relaxed, content and drained. Someone cuts me off in traffic..it's no big deal LOL The track is a noisy place. The riding is redundant as is the trackside enviorment. Same Ol, same ol. It does serve its purpose for railing turns, hitting jumps and racing. I will never be a jumper. Im too old now to pay the price of that learning curve. But I do admire all who ride MX. It's gotta be a real rush to fly through the air. And I know it's damn good work out. I'll stick to trail riding. I am very happy with all that comes with it. It is so much more then MX could ever offer me. It is the complete and total experience!:ride:

Ditto what Sun said, about being out in the woods. I love riding with women/girls whenever I can, but most of my riding is with guys. This is just some thoughts form comments I've heard women say over the years--I think maybe it's about how comfortable and confident a woman feels in the outdoors. The first hurdle is no bathroom--if a girl can't squat and do it, you know your'e tied to the trailer/bathroom. Then it's the fear of getting lost in the woods--that is really scary for some people, and they just don't have the skills(or the will to learn) to have a sense of direction. I always study the map and learn the trails, pay attention to what direction we're going (which can get hard when you're in the hilly woods and can't see the SUN), when we cross a trail marker I make a quickie mental note etc, always carry a map, blah blah. But yeah, some women are just terrified of getting lost and being eaten by something. Then there's the thing of being "alone" or left behind(the rest of the group is out of sight), I suppose it's more instinct for a woman to be concerned about this. Personally I like it. I've also had to learn to read tracks too, because my guys aren't the best at waiting at trail intersections...but just saying, I've heard that fear expressed a lot.

I was raised to be comfortable and at home in the outdoors though, so it's no big deal at all. WHen I go out with some women though, and I'm the one in charge of deciding where to go, I get paranoid they'll hate me cuz sometimes I'm just following my nose--I don't know EXACTLY where we are, but could figure it out quick enough, SOme people want you to know lat n long all the time and get witchy when you stop and think about it for a minute at a fork(I mean, gee, I'm thinking about the route of an entire loop of connecting trails...).

SUN is TOTALLY fun to ride with though!!! NO WITCHY EVER!!!!! I could take her over a cliff and she would giggle.:smirk:

Awww I love ya Plush!:hug: You are a smart, fun and totally relaxed rider. I like that! NO witchy with you. Yes, I'd giggle going over a cliff until I landed:shocked:

There are a pack of us girls on Facebook that IF we EVER get together to ride in one place (we're all across the country) the world is gonna know!! Because we would be a force on bikes to reckon with. We are all solid riders with awesome attitudes:ride: We need a sponsor $$ to make a gathering possible so we can all ride together someday. The great thing is...we are a tight bunch that would gladly show each other around should any of us decide to travel. I did a 2 week road trip alone with my Sumo and Dirt bike a couple of years ago. I went up to OR and WA to visit a couple of my moto bitches, PlushPup being one of them. I had the time of my life! Plush took good care of me:thumb: Although Debi (SuperMotoGranny) tried to kill me :smirk: What a great trip it was. I was alone and camped along the coast and also stayed with friends along the way. I hope to do it again someday. It was awesome!:banana:

OK, riddle me this, WHY is the DBA Girl forum way down at the bottom of the page in OFF TOPIC land????? Can't it at least be bumped up into "Everything Dirt"? HUH!

Yes, wasn't that a fun trip! And MXDD was such a great sponsor, supplying the tequila and marshmellows!

:lol: Bling is my thing, happy to be a sponser!! :thumb: Still want to know why all the shots were lined up by me, I don't even like tequila... wenches all of you!! :smirk:

As for what PP and SUN said, agree. I think there's equal amount of women who ride both track and open areas, never really thought much about this. Maybe, demographic to what's available/convenient where you live?? I do think basics in MX, no matter which kind of riding you like, helps in every area... especially cornering. I like MX, but prefer the inconsistency of open terrain and not having to worry about me, or someone taking me out on the track, especially when you're old and slow like me.

What's witchy?? :thinking: ... Only time I've seen SUN go witchy is after tequila!! :puke::P :smirk:

James

Staff member
OK, riddle me this, WHY is the DBA Girl forum way down at the bottom of the page in OFF TOPIC land????? Can't it at least be bumped up into "Everything Dirt"? HUH!
:thinking: Dang, never really noticed that. :bonk: Maybe that's why? :lol:

:devil: Tell you what, you get more of your women friends on here and I'll move it up under the Pro Racing section. :smirk:

Oh and anybody have a better name for it, I think the current one is hard to "get"? How about DBA Girls (PP already calls it this :smirk:)? :noidea:

Yes, wasn't that a fun trip! And MXDD was such a great sponsor, supplying the tequila and marshmellows!

HEY! where did you get my reddi-wip/ Silkolene girl?

whippedcrm.jpg

:lol: he wasn't hitting on her,,,he has been posting that pic for a long time on the Reddi-whip thread in TT, she has the same one as her avitar minus the pre-mix.

James

Staff member
:lol: he wasn't hitting on her,,,he has been posting that pic for a long time on the Reddi-whip thread in TT, she has the same one as her avitar minus the pre-mix.
Ahh never mind then. :thumb:

In my defense though, how was I supposed to know that, I've never read this Reddi-whip thread. :P