Why to carry all the stuff you need when you ride.

There once was a fish from Clovis, that loaned a stand sitter a cartridge, tube and photography. The stand sitter was very appreciative of said gold fish and reimbursed him a new heavy duty tube and a couple new cartridges on the next outing.....

Any time. It's the least I could do for your first ride. Gotta help the beginners out ya know :smirk:

Take the bike off the stand a few more times, gain a little more experience. You will figure it out. :lol:

What is the point :noidea:of tools if you dont know how to fix most things anyways? Zip ties & duct tape. Ok...maybe a little more then that. 8/10/12 sockets,multi allen tool, an everything tool, JB quick, a lighter, snacks and sometimes a 21 tube. But honestly? I have never changed a tire in my life! I have watched many change them so if I had to I might be able to, but likely I'd pinch a few tubes.

I am always so happy to ride with guys (and gals):hail: who know how to fix things just in case. I think about all the miles I have racked up riding alone and riding in general without any MAJOR problems on the trail. I've been so damn lucky so far!!

I NOW carry a 21 inch tube, 3 spoons with wrenches for all the nuts to change tires (just for Sun and Diva), tire patch repair kit, CO2 cartridges, small visegrip, soap, ez-towels, JB quick weld, wire, multi tool with allens, sockets, screwdrivers, and knife, shift lever, clutch lever, air gauge, maps and handlebar mounted GPS with all my favorite waypoints.:thumb::ride:

All of this is carried in rear fender and front fender packs.

Three bottles of water also goes in pack on back fender.

Tool carrying data point Spangler 3/5/11.

Rider on a DRZ with the stock Trail Wings (aka death wings) goes down in the sand hills and twists forks in triple clamps pretty good. I whip out the RM 1/4 drive T handle with 12mm socket and it's fixed in short order. A while later in the rocks behind Charlie's Place my engine quits. I smell gas. Look down and gas is coming out the card overflow. First it's a screwdriver to drain the carb. No luck draining and tapping to clear whatever happened. Used a little ratchet and get carb bowl off. Let some gas flow and check the action of the float valve. Found a loose bolt on the countershaft sprocket. OK, all is working as expected. Reassemble and continue.

End result. A great time and no unscheduled bike rescues.

Sun, none of us were born knowing how work on a bike. It's a learning process. I try to learn something every day. I have found that a common reason for not learning to work on mechanical things is fear of making mistakes. I've well past that because I know that I'll make mistakes. I just do my best to be thorough, not have any left over parts, and to properly torque everything.