Why to carry all the stuff you need when you ride.

I carry a 21. I was told that it will work for both right? Only problem there, is having to change it out AGAIN when you get back to camp.

So far my fanny pack has increased to a small/med size carry on bag...:shocked:...I may have to look into a trailer or I know, a side hack! :banana:...:smirk:...

I used to not carry anything, then I had a flat that I tried to ride back on. Less then 5 miles later, the tire was coming apart, and started to trash my rim. After that, I carried a tube and tools to fix it. From that point, anytime something goes wrong on the trail, my carry along list grows. Well, pictured below, is what the list has grown to, and it all goes into the Ogio vest:

15mm/17mm open end
8, 10, 12 mm combo wrenches
Wire cutters
vise grips
phillips screw driver w/ duct tape on shank
multi purpose tool
12" crescent wrench
Allen combo tool
Knife
2 sizes of zip ties
Epoxy kit w/ mix sticks
Spare front break lever
Spare clutch lever
Spare shift lever
chain breaker
2 master links, and small piece of chain
Axle nut spoons
inflator kit
patches tire gauge
valve core tool
soap
Front tube (you can use a 21" in the rear too)
Tow strap set up (1 over the seat peg to peg, the other to connect bikes)
Work gloves
Rags

Not shown:

phone
70 oz. bladder
sun glasses
camera
protien bars x2
5 hour energy drink
and safety meeting items :busted:

MeansMay2010002.jpg

I also sometimes carry a small backpack in addition to the flight vest with:

Jerky
A sandwhich
and 4 iced beers :busted:

This is only for a all day in the saddle ride, with no eating establishment in the agenda.

I carry only the essentials......

1 tow strap
1 flare gun
1 flare
1 six pack of cold (depending on the length of the ride) beer...never know how long you'l be sittin waitn for that tow bike to come along.

:smirk:

Seriously though...after being on here and seing what everyone's been doing I've learned a lot...I'd gotten a little spoiled with the short rides we would go on where we ALWAYS had a 'chase truck" following us because they didn't ride but wanted to go or ??? Any breakdowns, we'd just load it up in the truck. As you can imagine the "trails" we went on weren't single track...Timo hit it on the head when he said I rode with the "old ladys" to the dunes and back. although we ventured out further it wasn't much further...not when I was with them anyways. I can't wait to join in on all the fun! :banana:...:ride:

I used to not carry anything, then I had a flat that I tried to ride back on. Less then 5 miles later, the tire was coming apart, and started to trash my rim. After that, I carried a tube and tools to fix it. From that point, anytime something goes wrong on the trail, my carry along list grows. Well, pictured below, is what the list has grown to, and it all goes into the Ogio vest:

15mm/17mm open end
8, 10, 12 mm combo wrenches
Wire cutters
vise grips
phillips screw driver w/ duct tape on shank
multi purpose tool
12" crescent wrench
Allen combo tool
Knife
2 sizes of zip ties
Epoxy kit w/ mix sticks
Spare front break lever
Spare clutch lever
Spare shift lever
chain breaker
2 master links, and small piece of chain
Axle nut spoons
inflator kit
patches tire gauge
valve core tool
soap
Front tube (you can use a 21" in the rear too)
Tow strap set up (1 over the seat peg to peg, the other to connect bikes)
Work gloves
Rags

Not shown:

phone
70 oz. bladder
sun glasses
camera
protien bars x2
5 hour energy drink
and safety meeting items :busted:

MeansMay2010002.jpg

I also sometimes carry a small backpack in addition to the flight vest with:

Jerky
A sandwhich
and 4 iced beers :busted:

This is only for a all day in the saddle ride, with no eating establishment in the agenda.

I call dibs on riding with Timo :smirk:

I call dibs on riding with Timo :smirk:

He is the man with the mostest, especially the wood he packs when he camps.:devil:

I did fail to say, no one but myself gets the CO2 cartridges. I will sell them to you at a reasonable fee, but handing them out blindly on the trail just won't happen anymore.:devil: What I need is one of those second wind pumps, that way you'd always have air. :prof:

I did fail to say, no one but myself gets the CO2 cartridges. I will sell them to you at a reasonable fee, but handing them out blindly on the trail just won't happen anymore.:devil: What I need is one of those second wind pumps, that way you'd always have air. :prof:

Well then you should just ride with Rez - you'll never run out of hot air again :prof:

:smirk:

There once was a fish from Clovis, that loaned a stand sitter a cartridge, tube and photography. The stand sitter was very appreciative of said gold fish and reimbursed him a new heavy duty tube and a couple new cartridges on the next outing.....

There once was a fish from Clovis, that loaned a stand sitter a cartridge, tube and photography. The stand sitter was very appreciative of said gold fish and reimbursed him a new heavy duty tube and a couple new cartridges on the next outing.....

Seems to be a very upSTANDing gentleman if you ask me! :thumb:

Believe it or not, me and Irish hill both do too.:thumb: