Other Why a KTM?

Just curious why a KTM over a Yamaha? Not trying to start a mud throwing war or anything just curious if there are some added benifits to the KTM's.

All of us orange guys will start chiming in soon....
Eventually you will come to a point in your life where you buy the best the first time instead of trying to save a buck and getting an inferior product.
Do a search on Yamaha or Honda valves and you'll see that you get what you pay for. Maybe they have fixed it by now, but ktm got it right the first time.
Hydraulic clutch and brakes, a bike model for every niche, halloween colors, :blah: blah:thumb:

i was looking for anything in my price range and a KTM came around so thats what i got.... its my first and only bike and i love it so far.

All of us orange guys will start chiming in soon....
Eventually you will come to a point in your life where you buy the best the first time instead of trying to save a buck and getting an inferior product.
Do a search on Yamaha or Honda valves and you'll see that you get what you pay for. Maybe they have fixed it by now, but ktm got it right the first time.
Hydraulic clutch and brakes, a bike model for every niche, halloween colors, :blah: blah:thumb:

Stick with a 2st and you don't have to worry about valves anyway:P

Yamaha would be my 2nd choice as they are great bikes too.

I like the KTM cuz so many parts interchange from one bike model and year to the next, wheels, sups, swingarms, seats n tanks, etc. Lots of spare parts out there, lots of bling too. The linkless rear is a time and work saver too. They do have their quirks tho just like all the other bikes have theirs.

I could be wrong but I thought Yamaha had great valves? I was told to stay away from honda because of the valves. Am I missing something? So basically we have a hydrolic clutch and Orange plastic? Those are why the bikes are better? Come on guys there has to be something else.

I could be wrong but I thought Yamaha had great valves? I was told to stay away from honda because of the valves. Am I missing something? So basically we have a hydrolic clutch and Orange plastic? Those are why the bikes are better? Come on guys there has to be something else.
They look real Purdy under water....:smirk:

Yam does have good valves, and I listed the OTHER reasons for me, I guess you didnt see that before your last post. Easier to work on too without the alum frames getting in the way of every part.

On any comparable model that i can think of the KTM will have more power, It will be lighter, it will have better components, and the 09' and 10' model's suspension is rated higher by every magazine i can find . But the all incompassing reason is that you dont even need to put gas in them they run off of testosterone and awesome. haha Well the first four reasons are true anyways...:thumb: