Who's up for some golf? (moto style)

James

Staff member
Sorry for the strong comment, and you guys know I don't have many of them that are on the serious side. And yes I realize it is an ad that was sanctioned. It just seems to me that golf courses and dirtbikes don't mix. That being said, I do play golf but my love is much more for the dirtbikes. I just look at it as no different than spray painting on a building whether or not there was permission to do it.:ride:
:lol: Hey calm down there Geek! :hug:

If somebody were to just take a bike out on a golf course (without the owners permission) I'd be pretty pissed myself.:rant: However if the owner's fine with it...what's the big deal? :noidea:

Maybe you are right, but how can you ride on a golf course without hurting it? It is impossible. It was just covered up by the video. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.:blah:
its not about disagreeing with each other. i agree with your point. The damage that was done is not a problem because im sure puma made some kind of agreement about it being fixed or they simply paid them to do it.

you got to admit it was a fun commercial.

Geeks getting so upset sbout some grass? I think he might have joined the Sierra Club! :shocked:

naw i can understand where he is coming from. a lot of dirtbike riders really do care about the image of us as a whole. I think thats where he is coming from ... thinking it makes us all look bad and that groups like COW or sierra club can use against us. he jsut takes it to an extreme a bit. If it was real and not a comercial my tone would be totally different as well. this case is not tho so i think its fun.

naw i can understand where he is coming from. a lot of dirtbike riders really do care about the image of us as a whole. I think thats where he is coming from ... thinking it makes us all look bad and that groups like COW or sierra club can use against us. he jsut takes it to an extreme a bit. If it was real and not a comercial my tone would be totally different as well. this case is not tho so i think its fun.

I can understand 100% where GEEKS coming from...AND, I understand how younger generations view this act. IF, an environmentalist were to watch the clip, they'd ignore the fact that it's a commercial and focus on the fact that the kid is riding a bike on a golf course...THAT in and of itself enough ammunition to carry them a log long way..which is why we (offroaders in general) have to be so extra careful about what we say and do...one small act on our part that "may be" questionable and it is blown out of proportion. Now, having said that, here's another view...those of US (younger generations, that tend to test the law) that like dirt bikes and live near a GC watch this clip, call their buddies and meet down by the GC on the back 9 where noone can see and go for a romp ALL because this clip made it look like fun! And let the enviro-nazis begin their hunt!

phewww...off my soap box. Don't take this as bashing, I am only stating a fact.

I can understand 100% where GEEKS coming from...AND, I understand how younger generations view this act. IF, an environmentalist were to watch the clip, they'd ignore the fact that it's a commercial and focus on the fact that the kid is riding a bike on a golf course...THAT in and of itself enough ammunition to carry them a log long way..which is why we (offroaders in general) have to be so extra careful about what we say and do...one small act on our part that "may be" questionable and it is blown out of proportion. Now, having said that, here's another view...those of US (younger generations, that tend to test the law) that like dirt bikes and live near a GC watch this clip, call their buddies and meet down by the GC on the back 9 where noone can see and go for a romp ALL because this clip made it look like fun! And let the enviro-nazis begin their hunt!

phewww...off my soap box. Don't take this as bashing, I am only stating a fact.

Well put Rez. So much of what we see on TV now is extreme or rebel behavior in general. It is for shock value and what holds interest right or wrong. Heck, my video will put you to sleep:lol: This sort of paints a bad reputation of dirt bikers overall. Because how many know this kid as a golfer or know his MX background? Probably not so many. Therefore the commercial becomes this punk ass dirt biker on the golf course tearing it up. I will admit as a dirt biker and having played golf before "damn, that was a nice shot and some impressive control on the bike:hail:

Aww Geek, are you having a bad day?:hug: I think :prof:your overdue for a good ride like I am. You know I mean that in a nice way dont ya?

Aww Geek, are you having a bad day?:hug: I think :prof:your overdue for a good ride like I am. You know I mean that in a nice way dont ya?
Yes, he is ready for a nice long ride down a nice deep sandy wash and he will be a happy camper then. :prof:

James

Staff member
This sort of paints a bad reputation of dirt bikers overall. Because how many know this kid as a golfer or know his MX background? Probably not so many.
Actually I'd never known he had a MX backgournd or even rode period.

I was watching golf (The Open Championship) the other night/weekend and I'm pretty sure he was the top US player. :USA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickie_Fowler

:prof: Fact Check Edit: Ok I guess he placed T5.

Yes, he is ready for a nice long ride down a nice deep sandy wash and he will be a happy camper then. :prof:
:lol::cry::lol:

:popcorn:

:lol: Hey calm down there Geek! :hug:

If somebody were to just take a bike out on a golf course (without the owners permission) I'd be pretty pissed myself.:rant: However if the owner's fine with it...what's the big deal? :noidea:
Not upset. With as much time as greenskeepers spend on the course to make it pristine for all to enjoy, just seems that it is sacriledge to do it IMHO, that all. Truly I am not losing any sleep over this and no one else should either.

fuck kumbaya and fuck a carebear world. conversations and even arguments(as long as you keep them cival) are a good thing IMO.

i say the greenies can go to hell and the problem is we dont have the crazy's on our side. if we did sierra club would be shut down and it would be a OHV related organization that would have the majority. I truly believe there is way more OHV people out there then Greenie's its just the greenies have boring crappy lives they take the time to speak out. Majority of OHV people are enjoying life and out there actually doing stuff instead of complaining what the other people are doing. Then there is the guys like who i talked to who just dont know anybetter. Sierra club does look good on paper but then you dig deeper and see how bad it really is. Most people dont care or take the time to dig deeper.

fuck kumbaya and fuck a carebear world. conversations and even arguments(as long as you keep them cival) are a good thing IMO.

i say the greenies can go to hell and the problem is we dont have the crazy's on our side. if we did sierra club would be shut down and it would be a OHV related organization that would have the majority. I truly believe there is way more OHV people out there then Greenie's its just the greenies have boring crappy lives they take the time to speak out. Majority of OHV people are enjoying life and out there actually doing stuff instead of complaining what the other people are doing. Then there is the guys like who i talked to who just dont know anybetter. Sierra club does look good on paper but then you dig deeper and see how bad it really is. Most people dont care or take the time to dig deeper.
Agree completely.:thumb::thumb: See what you started James?:smirk:

Holy crap man (men er boys umm children) All he did was roost in the sand trap. Jump out on to the green and do a stoppie to put (putt) the ball in the whole. Id bet the worst he did was MAYBE divit the green on landing and when the rear tire came down from the stoppie.

Pretty cool I thought.:thumb: