All Who is going to the Dez near Ridgecrest for Easter week?

i hope that shit goes away ... im in another new tent.

BTW TWS... took that broke tent back to REI... the guy says ohh we cant replace it because there is a recall with that model. i tell him.. let me guess /.... this... and showed the broke pole... :lol: so fail so i got a new tent that is different design.

Sorry we couldn't make it. Hope you all had fun.

Jr. Jr., Hillclimbguy, Jr. Hillclimbguy, a friend Andrew and myself did a fun run local.

Next time!

the wind sucked so we came home a day early. Thanks for letting my family and I come in to the motorhome/trailer rack and weathergeek.

had a fun ride with Rack 530ktm and cda to start the day off. it was fun but damm it would have been funner if we didnt have to bribe CDA to get his bike off the stand and then rack wouldnt get out of 2nd gear :foul:

then we went on a 14 man ride that was really fun as well. Rack, geek, or whoever else... do you know everyones names? id like to put everyone in the credits but i am HORRIBLE at remembering names. I do remember Greg tho... that guy is cool as hell... gave me a ride in his trophy truck... damm that was fun.

ended the trip with a 9 man ride. was kinda short but fun none the less. sry once again i only remember gary and 530ktm as far as names with that ride :( Then i took my family ona family ride after all the "big tough" guys in the trailers left for a ride to some cave... looked like it was a sealed off mine entrance. They enjoyed it.

ps.... everyone keep saying we were crazy for tent camping... im starting to think we might be because out of every singel camp site i seen there was not a single tent camper :lol: .... can i say i am notoriously gnarly now ?

pss... im sure he will never see this but to Rick... THANKS so much for working on my bike beacuse of my great mechanic skills :devil: rackjr :naughty: remember i have DIRT on you!!!!!

hey Tavis its gregs son those guys with the trophy truck i just joined when i got home we did have a fun ride today 530rack didnt come i wish he did it would have been cool but and by the way its Weston and Greg not gary hahahha

hey Tavis its gregs son those guys with the trophy truck i just joined when i got home we did have a fun ride today 530rack didnt come i wish he did it would have been cool but and by the way its Weston and Greg not gary hahahha

:picard: see i told you im horrible with names but im sure 530ktm came today... he was the one who had to go back and was taking the pic of his bike on the hill... you might have thought i mean KTMrack ?

anyway glad to see ya here... go to the new section and introduce yourself

ps.... everyone keep saying we were crazy for tent camping... im starting to think we might be because out of every singel camp site i seen there was not a single tent camper :lol: .... can i say i am notoriously gnarly now ?

Yup after my trip to the Dez I fully understand the large number of RV's down in Socal lowland desert and I was glad I was staying in one. The wind whipping the sand around at night and while trying to cook would suck!

Yup after my trip to the Dez I fully understand the large number of RV's down in Socal lowland desert and I was glad I was staying in one. The wind whipping the sand around at night and while trying to cook would suck!

its not that bad.... set your truck up correctly so it blocks the wind... get yourself a coleman stove that has the little side walls and a good tent that isnt too drafty when zipped and its really not that big of a deal. It just sucks that you cant ever really get away from the wind. Also when you have a young daughter it sucks not having a toilet.

with all that being said... i still want a toy hauler ASAP

The wind had me wimping out on camping. That and I couldn't get all of Friday off.

I did ride though. Did a 350 mile ride out of Cal City on Saturday. On the bike at 6:40 AM and back to the trucks at about 5:30 PM. I'll try and make a RR. Only stopped once other than gas so not much in the way of pics.

The wind had me wimping out on camping. That and I couldn't get all of Friday off.

I did ride though. Did a 350 mile ride out of Cal City on Saturday. On the bike at 6:40 AM and back to the trucks at about 5:30 PM. I'll try and make a RR. Only stopped once other than gas so not much in the way of pics.

You are nuts!!! 350 miles :eek:

Do you know how long that would take me in 2nd gear :picard:

you know how long it would take me to follow you in 2nd gear
picard.jpg

you know how long it would take me to follow you in 2nd gear
picard.jpg

I've never done more than 300 in a day before and I'm feeling every one of those miles today.

Second gear? I barely used it. It was in 5th for 70% plus of this ride. Some 4th on the not so smooth two tracks so I could for sure loft that front tire over obstacles, and a little third in the deep sand when pulling 4th just wasn't happening.

I really wanted to stop by after this ride to say "hi," but I was way too tired.