Which 250F?...

Alright peoples,​
My husky is giving me many troubles, so thinking of switching 250F's at the endish of the year.. so we can get a run out '13 model.​
So which one..?​
WE NEED SOMETHING RELIABLE! :lol:

Go get a nice 2stroke 250..... If you have to have a 4t then yammi builds the most durable... Honda makes the flashiest and its a tie between the Rmz and the kx for fastest..... I can not speak for the kaboom, but they seem to be very popular here in my area lately.

RM-Z!! Is it just my area, or is it everywhere that RM-Zs seem so rare? I dont hear much about them in real experience, but from what I read from magazines, they are pretty sweet.

It seems like everyone has a Yamaha or Honda.

The new Honda are alot more reliable then the older ones (4t ofc) The 12 is soupossed to be a great year so should the 13 be. But I never really heard bad things about the Yami...seems like they are great ^^... Just ride what color you like...and if your lazy get a ktm for E-Start!

James

Staff member
Alright peoples,

My husky is giving me many troubles, so thinking of switching 250F's at the endish of the year.. so we can get a run out '13 model.

So which one..?

WE NEED SOMETHING RELIABLE! :lol:
Expect answers like "I'd get a [insert favorite brand]". :lol: Mine being a Kawi. :P

Locally Kawasaki's are pretty common, however lately a number of the fast (B) guys have been getting Honda's. I also have A (<--only know of one :lol:) buddy who has a Suzuki and he loves it. With how bikes are these days I'd say pick your favorite color, get the suspension setup for yourself, and go ride! :ride: :lol:
RM-Z!! Is it just my area, or is it everywhere that RM-Zs seem so rare? I dont hear much about them in real experience, but from what I read from magazines, they are pretty sweet.

It seems like everyone has a Yamaha or Honda.
Yeah they're pretty rare, but yeah the owners tend to swear by them. :thumb:

Just did a quick check of the results of Redbud's amateur 250 classes during national week.
http://tracksideresults.com/glmx/class.asp?s=&c=&e=67

One thing to note though is that amateur rules allow for 250's (2 strokes) to be raced in this class. Which a number of the guys do and they tend to favor the Yamaha YZ250 as there aren't that many 250 options out there.

250C
HON - 19
KAW - 15
YAM - 12
SUZ - 5
KTM - 1

250B
HON - 23
YAM - 17
KAW - 15
SUZ - 5
KTM - 3

250A
KAW - 8
HON - 6
SUZ - 6
YAM - 5
KTM - 3

Sounds stupid, but it's bipolar :lol:

It runs fine one day shit bad the next, doesn't like idling and hard to start when hot, this all happened after we took it to a new mechanic, i think we will be taking the bike back to them and get them to sort their shit out.

Sounds stupid, but it's bipolar :lol:

It runs fine one day shit bad the next, doesn't like idling and hard to start when hot, this all happened after we took it to a new mechanic, i think we will be taking the bike back to them and get them to sort their shit out.
carbed or not?