2 Stroke Where are all the old school Smokers?

Seems to go with the Elsinore kit. Saw a friend's CRF450R setup this way and thought it would look good on the 500 AFC. Black rims are too common and red definitely wouldn't look right.

Do you have any pics of your bike in action? Looks real nice sitting on the stand, but come in show it throwing some roost!

Do you have any pics of your bike in action? Looks real nice sitting on the stand, but come in show it throwing some roost!
Unfortunately, I've only had it out a couple of times since completing it. I had to have a growth cut off of my left leg and had arthroscopic right knee surgery to repair two meniscus tears last year. Will get some pictures in a month or so as soon as I can get my knee working right again. Trust me, you don't really want to see this fat old ugly dude riding a bike.

Unfortunately, I've only had it out a couple of times since completing it. I had to have a growth cut off of my left leg and had arthroscopic right knee surgery to repair two meniscus tears last year. Will get some pictures in a month or so as soon as I can get my knee working right again.

Heal up quick! Very nice scooter.

:cheers:

Unfortunately, I've only had it out a couple of times since completing it. I had to have a growth cut off of my left leg and had arthroscopic right knee surgery to repair two meniscus tears last year. Will get some pictures in a month or so as soon as I can get my knee working right again. Trust me, you don't really want to see this fat old ugly dude riding a bike.
I too had meniscus surgery on one knee and getting ready for the other. Sucks getting old right?:banghead:

I too had meniscus surgery on one knee and getting ready for the other. Sucks getting old right?:banghead:
Tell me about it. I stepped into a hole I didn't see because it was covered with grass. My heel hit the edge and the rest of my foot went into the hole. I caught myself before going all the way down, putting extreme strain on my knee. Evidently, I had the tears before from my younger days of racing. It must have caused one to tear a little more as I didn't have any pain until then. Also found out I have feather tears in my ACL and Arthritis in my right knee. Scared to have them look at the left knee - what I don't know won't hurt me, right? :thumb:

Tell me about it. I stepped into a hole I didn't see because it was covered with grass. My heel hit the edge and the rest of my foot went into the hole. I caught myself before going all the way down, putting extreme strain on my knee. Evidently, I had the tears before from my younger days of racing. It must have caused one to tear a little more as I didn't have any pain until then. Also found out I have feather tears in my ACL and Arthritis in my right knee. Scared to have them look at the left knee - what I don't know won't hurt me, right? :thumb:
Well put.:prof::ride:

bikepics-2277103-full.jpg
1984 CR50RE, yes 50 not a cr60r! This is my next resto project.

bikepics-2277104-full.jpg

I've managed to get a few nos bits n Bob's from eBay but almost no information anywhere online about this little 50cc smoker!
What I do know is they were produced in very small numbers for countries that didn't allow over 50cc in a kids bike.
The restoration will start once my 89 250 finds a new home!

Last edited:
View attachment 20091
1984 CR50RE, yes 50 not a cr60r! This is my next resto project.

View attachment 20092

I've managed to get a few nos bits n Bob's from eBay but almost no information anywhere online about this little 50cc smoker!
What I do know is they were produced in very small numbers for countries that didn't allow over 50cc in a kids bike.
The restoration will start once my 89 250 finds a new home!
Got it on the third attempt :banana: