2 Stroke Where are all the old school Smokers?

From a glance it looked like a 85. Do not get to see many 88 or 90's.
its an 88 i picked up last year, im currently removing the engine to do a lil resto on it. i had a helluva time getting the swingarm pivot out. im currently needing one if anyone has a spare or can tell me if a newer model bolt will work. thanx guys..

Last edited:
Yeah man I love the shape of that era of CR, Espacially the rad scoops of the 88 89 models!:rocker:
So nice Honda didn't ever change them on the 500 all the way from 88 thru to 2001 :ride:
It's one of the reasons I chose the 89 CR250 to restore :noidea:

Please post pictures of the restoration. It seems to be getting harder to find these rides today. I think the owner's of them are getting smarter to hold on to them. :thumb: I never should have sold my past CR500's. My 1990 was in mint shape.

I sold it to a hill climber. Stupid me. :banghead:
I must say I enjoy seeing all these 500's on here. Very nice rides. :cool: :hug:

Last edited:
its an 88 i picked up last year, im currently removing the engine to do a lil resto on it. i had a helluva time getting the swingarm pivot out. im currently needing one if anyone has a spare or can tell me if a newer model bolt will work. thanx guys..
Hi bud, your swing arm pin is still available new fron Honda at a cost of £23 :cheers:
The part number can be found on the rear fork microfiche free of charge on CMSNL.com, I just replaced my pin during my resto!
You might be surprised just how many nuts and bolts are still available for your bike so probs best making a list of
All the nuts and bolts you want before you call them.