What's for Lunch/Dinner

OK, so I like hearing about all the different types of food people eat and try those really good sounding ones out or maybe some old forgotten favorites. Man, I get board with the sameo sameo. So let's here what you are eating for lunch or dinner? Keep it going as this will give us all different ideas on what to make, because I love to cook.

So today is just a good ole fashion Deer Chili. I put some Rotel with green chilies in there to add a little kick.

I think we should have a thread where people post up recipe idears and pics of what they make.. The forum I mod has one, and its fantastic.

Btw, I have never heard of deer chili but I would eat it in a heartbeat

It is just regular chili. Instead of beef I use ground deer burger. I pretty much live off deer meat. I make Tacos, manwhich, bbq, Jerky and just about every thing else you can think of out of deer.I am about out though so it is a good thing deer season is under way.:thumb:

I like the idea of recipe's let here some! Post-em if you got them.

It is just regular chili. Instead of beef I use ground deer burger. I pretty much live off deer meat. I make Tacos, manwhic, bbq, Jerky and just about every thing else you can think of out of deer.I am about out though so it is a good thing deer season is under way.:thumb:

We need you at our restaurant :thumb:

Excellent idea for a thread J-409 :prof: Of course with you, Buck and Bryce being the hunters that you are we'll probably have to put up with a few oddball recipes. You know, like, "Stuffed Pigeon Breast glazed in Pine Tree Root Sauce", with a side of "Grilled Possum Shank Steak", finished with "Pickled Whale Anus". :smirk:

Excellent idea for a thread J-409 :prof: Of course with you, Buck and Bryce being the hunters that you are we'll probably have to put up with a few oddball recipes. You know, like, "Stuffed Pigeon Breast glazed in Pine Tree Root Sauce", with a side of "Grilled Possum Shank Steak", finished with "Pickled Whale Anus". :smirk:

:lol::lol: where can I get some of that Pickled Whale Anus? yummm!!!

Filter stew

b7c7f370.jpg

It is just regular chili. Instead of beef I use ground deer burger. I pretty much live off deer meat. I make Tacos, manwhich, bbq, Jerky and just about every thing else you can think of out of deer.I am about out though so it is a good thing deer season is under way.:thumb:

Jackson409! My freezer is still 1/2 full of venison from last year. I do all my own butchering.

Ground venison mixed with ground lamb and garlic (My fav for burgers)
Ground venison mixed with Bob Evans sausage
Corned venison (better than the best Manhatten style corned beef you ever had)
Hot and mild venison sausage
Hot garlic venison smokies
Whole hind quarters brined and smoked into hams
4 different kinds of venison jerky
Venison stew meat, butterfly backstraps, steaks, and quick frys

I NEVER buy beef of pork! I just can't eat everything I glean off my land fast enough! Then I have the geese, ducks, doves, squirrels, rabbits, grouse, pheasant, and turkeys! Let's not get into the Lake Erie perch and walleye that is stockpiled along with the occasional Steelhead!

The only meat I really buy is bacon and chicken. I whack everything else I need and make it all forms that a store would sell to me by myself.

Here's my contribution for those that like venison: Corned venison

Take a whole hind quarter and separate the three main muscle masses in it by the tendons and clean it up from all the silverskin and big tendons. Your should have 3 big chunks, about 8 -10 lbs of clean pure meat.

Boil 2 gals of water and add 2 cups of salt, 2 tablespoons of Instacure #1 (Get it at your local butcher shop) 1 and a 1/4 cups of brown sugar, 12 tablespoons pickling spice, two whole heads of garlic, peeled and crushed. Stir till everything is dissolved.

Place meat in a non metalic pot, ceramic crock, or plastic pan capable of holding all the meat and brine. Pour mixture over to cover. Place in refrigerator. Every 3 days, turn the meat over. Let sit for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, remove and freeze in freezer bags with a cup of the brine, removing all air from the bag.

To cook, place a piece of the brined meat in a crock pot with water to cover after a thorough rinse in cold water and add a tablespoon of whole peppercorn and 6 cloves of peeled, crushed garlic. Cook on low for 6 hrs. Remove, and let rest for 30 minutes. Slice eat and enjoy!
:thumb:

Damnnnnnn Buck, that does sound good. I used to do all my own butchering until I found this butcher shop that does it so cheap, it just ain't worth the time for me to do it. I mean, I still skin it and quarter it and just take it to them and for usually around 30 to 40 dollars I let them do it. I also get the summer sausage, Jalapeño sausage, Hot sticks and cheese sticks made to and they are awesome. I still use my burger to make my own jerky. I have one of those Jerky guns and dehydrator. I make about 5lbs at a time before i can hardly get any my kids eat it up.:foul:

Took some co-workers out to lunch that are visiting from Rhode Island to the pier today. I had the grilled Halibut with steamed veggies and rice Pilaf. Along with some seared Tuna for an appetizer.

Dinner will be a Roasted Turkey sandwich in the car before school...Maybe chase it down with a Rockstar Cola to stay awake for the lecture.