Whats a good LCD TV????

As far as I can tell he pulled the whole "safety bulletin" thing out of his :moon:, nothing to worry about. :lol: Heck at first even I thought he was serious.

Really? And here I think it's sometimes to much. :lol:
Compared to Team, this is mellow. BTW, everything coming out of his Mr. Edge's mouth is subject to the bullshit meter alarm going off. I never believed him for a sec.:prof: Damn TV was hard to get out of the trash though and clean it off.:smirk:

Compared to Team, this is mellow. BTW, everything coming out of his Mr. Edge's mouth is subject to the bullshit meter alarm going off. I never believed him for a sec.:prof: Damn TV was hard to get out of the trash though and clean it off.:smirk:

Dub-G; do you have a licence to be a trouble maker? :smirk: So, what your saying is that you didn't take my advice and leave that thing in the trash? You should just do like my family does - we sit around the "wireless' and listen to old episodes of "Only the Shadow Knows". Then we all have a nice hot cup of Quik. :prof:

Dub-G; do you have a licence to be a trouble maker? :smirk: So, what your saying is that you didn't take my advice and leave that thing in the trash? You should just do like my family does - we sit around the "wireless' and listen to old episodes of "Only the Shadow Knows". Then we all have a nice hot cup of Quik. :prof:
Funny, our entire family sits around that old radio the size of a big screen tv every Saturday too, drinking hot cups of cocoa with marshmellows and talking about catching reruns of the Walton's and the Carol Burnett show on the old black and white tv in the cellar.:banana: Damn antenna on the roof just doesn't do as well as it used to. Just sayin':wave:

N'edge...not only did I take your advise on the NEW LCD/LED TV's I took no chances and tossed every piece of electrical devise INTO the dumpster behind the local market. I was considering going back for the fridge but it still had beer in it....so figured I could do that tomorrow am.

Thanks for the heads up and keep up the good work. :thumb:

N'edge...not only did I take your advise on the NEW LCD/LED TV's I took no chances and tossed every piece of electrical devise INTO the dumpster behind the local market. I was considering going back for the fridge but it still had beer in it....so figured I could do that tomorrow am.

Thanks for the heads up and keep up the good work. :thumb:
:lol::lol::lol::lol: The amount of damage by sending us all into the dark ages is a scary thing.:moon:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: The amount of damage by sending us all into the dark ages is a scary thing.:moon:

To ME, the dark ages is getting up in the middle of the night to check on what the "fuuuuudge" the dogs are barking at on both sides of the house. The killer is, I already know it's coyotes, I go and look out the window AND WAIT for one to run by...don't know what I'd do when it did...maybe just the satisfaction that I can now report to the mrs that "I did my manly duty by checking on the situation". :bonk:. Once this has been accomplished I am now fully awake and procede to move out to the couch to watch some tv in hopes it'll lull me back to sleep...the likeliness of this happening is zero to none PLUS 9 times out of 10 it's on a work night.....FYI: I get my best sleep at the rez cuz the dogs aren't there!!!!!!!:rant:

To ME, the dark ages is getting up in the middle of the night to check on what the "fuuuuudge" the dogs are barking at on both sides of the house. The killer is, I already know it's coyotes, I go and look out the window AND WAIT for one to run by...don't know what I'd do when it did...maybe just the satisfaction that I can now report to the mrs that "I did my manly duty by checking on the situation". :bonk:. Once this has been accomplished I am now fully awake and procede to move out to the couch to watch some tv in hopes it'll lull me back to sleep...the likeliness of this happening is zero to none PLUS 9 times out of 10 it's on a work night.....FYI: I get my best sleep at the rez cuz the dogs aren't there!!!!!!!:rant:

Maybe you should feed the dogs to the coyotes :noidea: :devil:

Maybe you should feed the dogs to the coyotes :noidea: :devil:

dog...1 dog...my luck is, they'll probably take her in with their pack. Then I'm screwed...even more! I asked N'edge if I could bring her up there where he could watch her run away for 2 days...he said NO!

Ok my friends... and I use that term loosely...
I got my TV last night but only because mine started to go and I got a good deal at Wally World (walmart) for the display model. 42" Samsung LCD... It was a good deal I think at $448 plus tax and $35 for the extended warranty. I wanted to get something atleast 50" but that was way out of my price range and If I'm gonna spend that kid of $$$ then its gonna be LED and in my new house......
I watched the race on it last night and it was awesome!:thumb:

Ok my friends... and I use that term loosely...
I got my TV last night but only because mine started to go and I got a good deal at Wally World (walmart) for the display model. 42" Samsung LCD... It was a good deal I think at $448 plus tax and $35 for the extended warranty. I wanted to get something atleast 50" but that was way out of my price range and If I'm gonna spend that kid of $$$ then its gonna be LED and in my new house......
I watched the race on it last night and it was awesome!:thumb:
:thumb: And what a great race to beak that new TV in with. :thumb:

Not one to "ONE UP" another especially a fello DBAer...My wife came home with a 38" LCD (only 750px..:cry:) but the best part is ...it was free!!!:banana:...It was a screen her company had been using in their booths during their shows and the boss decided since they didn't need it any longer to give it to her! :thumb:

Like I said, it's not a 1080 which would be awesome, free makes the 750 easier to watch! :prof:

Onr thing about TV's that have the "LED" label. Most are not really LED TV's. To me a LED TV means that each pixel is a tiny LED. What it means today is the LCD backlight is an LED. LCD's don't make light, they can only block it. Every LCD TV has a backlight. The standard is to use small florescent tubes to generate the light. The so called LED TV's use LEDs to make the light for the LCD to block. Not exactly "truth in advertising."