whatdoido

I do need a little more power than the kids , Can't let them have the upper hand , and the now 9 yr. Wants the drz 125 , this is the dillema at hand . I own Yamaha for the kids ttr90 and pw 50 with training wheels

Not too fond of electric start only , can't push start due to broken everything below kneecaps . Right leg is good enough to kick start . Can't run or walk straight , starter and battery system adds weight .. leaning to yz side . 64 going on 18. I don't putt putt around too much ,like fast!!!,

66 in two weeks and I like my yz125's. probably get another of the newest version this fall. bigbore kit etc. the tt230 takes all the stuff the old xt200's did for kickstarting by the way.

Maybe it's me , do you mean that the parts for the xt200 fit the 230 ??? ! Did look at a yz125 Tuesday , set up way too high for me. , short legs .... maybe a showroom bike is lower ????

Maybe it's me , do you mean that the parts for the xt200 fit the 230 ??? ! Did look at a yz125 Tuesday , set up way too high for me. , short legs .... maybe a showroom bike is lower ????

Yeah. Ossa is saying that the xt200 parts will convert a ttr230 to kickstart. A yz125 is a tall bike and it's built to rev and make power at 13k rpm. It's a racing bike for sure and IMHO not the bike for you, though you can get a lowering link that will drop the seat down a couple inches. If you are worried about the E-start failing, don't. These are brand loyalty bikes and built to keep customers coming back. I've cartwheeled a couple of TTR230's and needless to say they all started up with a press of a button. I'm not a fan of estart, but they are as reliable as kickstarts providing the battery is maintained.

Ok .????? Cartwheeled. ?????? All my equip. Have battery maintainers about 8 units , 4wheelers mowers tractors , not afraid of battery failure , i'm looking. ! At everything , no hurry , got bucks , lots of time . Thanks for info !

Yeah. Ossa is saying that the xt200 parts will convert a ttr230 to kickstart. A yz125 is a tall bike and it's built to rev and make power at 13k rpm. It's a racing bike for sure and IMHO not the bike for you, though you can get a lowering link that will drop the seat down a couple inches. If you are worried about the E-start failing, don't. These are brand loyalty bikes and built to keep customers coming back. I've cartwheeled a couple of TTR230's and needless to say they all started up with a press of a button. I'm not a fan of estart, but they are as reliable as kickstarts providing the battery is maintained.

Everybody who says they are not a fan of e start changes heir mind when they stall the bike on the side of a hill with the left side of the bike facing downhill.

Ok .????? Cartwheeled. ?????? All my equip. Have battery maintainers about 8 units , 4wheelers mowers tractors , not afraid of battery failure , i'm looking. ! At everything , no hurry , got bucks , lots of time . Thanks for info !

Yeah, a cartwheel but at 60mph and strapped to a dirtbike.

Ok got you ! Also. Been there done that ,, years ago thankfully ...
It better not happen again. You will not recover as quickly as you once did. Let the kid set the pace, and save yourself.
On the bright side, if you do ignore my advice, at least your at retirement age, and will have time to heal.
But I advise you dont.

Everybody who says they are not a fan of e start changes heir mind when they stall the bike on the side of a hill with the left side of the bike facing downhill.
Kids these days... got to have an easy button for everything. Back in my day you turned it back downhill, bump it started an DO IT AGAIN till you made it. If you don't make it then pepper yourself and wait to feed the bears your sorry carcass!

Haven't found the ttr230 yet , but did find drz125L great shape ,new tires lots of upgrades , muffler , bars , grips , needs sprocket change , one tooth in front , and another drz125 also new tires, chain, sprockets rear wheel and brakes, levers , needed valve adj. Oil change , now runs great .. both total. ! 1500.00. had to sell old lawnmowers to make room , now total 5 dirt bikes , 2 ,,, 4 wheelers. Crazy !!!