whatdoido

Ttr 230 yz 125 want something a little faster , stronger , but good on trails also. My drz 125 is really good , but just want a little more . Leaving that for daughter. Heard that ttr 230 is elect. Start only , and no kit to add .. I'm 5'5 160 # do want kick start.... give me your best opinion . Please . Any other suggestions ????

if you want to have a bike you'll out grow really fast the ttr230 is the way to go, if you want something thats not really for just putting around don't get a yz125, I would suggest something like a wr250f, will put around just fine but will also leave you some for when you want to ride with your buds

TTR is a great bike and lots of fun to ride...... How much more do you want? wr250 isn't a bad choice either but way more powerful than the drz.

Not looking to kill myself , now 64 just looking for a bit more than the drz 125 . Flat out , geared ttt. 58 mph looking for 65 70 max .. still lightweight , maybe 200 # max

The yz125 will be a bit faster than the wr, and it won't like going slow very much.
The wr250f isn't that much to handle imo, and from the factory it will come corked up for CA emissions with a throttle stop. Being 64 I'd imagine you'd appreciate the electric start

Not too fond of electric start only , can't push start due to broken everything below kneecaps . Right leg is good enough to kick start . Can't run or walk straight , starter and battery system adds weight .. leaning to yz side . 64 going on 18. I don't putt putt around too much ,like fast!!!,

Not looking to kill myself , now 64 just looking for a bit more than the drz 125 . Flat out , geared ttt. 58 mph looking for 65 70 max .. still lightweight , maybe 200 # max

The 230 is an awesome bike for you then. Lots of controllable power. Roll on power like the Drz just more of it.

2013 and up ktm 200 XC and EXC come with e start and a kicker, you'll get a faster bike with manageable 2t power in a woods or enduro suspension, just a different option here I thought I'd throw out there.

Not into high priced exotics , I like the standard , good old fashion types . Easier to find parts , more abundant , cheaper ... thanks for the imput ..

Not into high priced exotics , I like the standard , good old fashion types . Easier to find parts , more abundant , cheaper ... thanks for the imput ..

Nothing exotic about ktm, you may be thinking of Beta. Prices and parts availability is about equal for the Katoom compared to the jap bikes, here anyways.

Ktm is as common as Yamaha or Honda. An extremely reliable bike that's well built.
The Honda crf 230 is also a great bike.

out of all these options the TTR230 is hands down going to be the lowest maintenance and best for following the kiddo around. My only real problem with the ttr and the crf230 is they are far from fire breathers and for most people get boring fairly quickly

I am surprised that no one has mentioned. Honda , Suzuki , Kawasaki, had them all at times . Great bikes , I do mostly trail riding but sometimes go with the buds for some real track time . Looked at a yz 125 , really nice but too tall for my short legs . Don't want to carry a stepstool to mount up or start it. I like the security of having my feet close enough to the ground to support me .